52

"So

"So....what's your family like? Besides what you've already told me." I ask Chase, turning the volume of the music on the radio down as we drive through town. He gives it a thought.

"Well, my parents are in their fifties. They actually work for the same company, and they're hopelessly in love." He smiles at me and the butterflies within go nuts.

"When will you get to see them next?" I ask, smiling at him.

"I'm not sure. Possibly the summer?" He pouts a bit. "But I call them so often that it almost feels like they're here" He smiles again and I laugh.

"I'd love to meet them," I say wistfully then freeze. Why did I say that?

He turns to me with a curious glance. "You would?" He questions.

"Um, yeah why not?" I shrug, trying to feign nonchalance.

"I'd love for them to meet you, Angel." He says, looking at me again. Now it's my turn to be surprised.

"Really?" I say, sounding like I don't believe him. He wants me to meet his parents?

"Well yeah, I mean, we are―" He pauses. His face turns into a look of confusion, then resolves itself while his mind works quickly. I wait for him to finish. "Lexi, I really like you, and I know I already kind of said this before, but to me, you're one of a kind. Nobody has ever made me feel the way that I do about you, and I would love it if you agreed to be my girlfriend. I'm sorry that we're all backwards, but it's the best I can do." I can tell my face is a picture of joy right at this moment. He feels the same way?

"I feel like I'm dreaming," I say honestly.

"So do I." He says, looking at me quickly before directing his gaze back to the road but not before placing a warm hand on my thigh comfortingly. I look down and smile before placing my own hands atop his. I look up at him smiling, knowing that he can see me in his peripheral vision. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

He smiles cutely, blushing easily with his fair skin. I choose not to embarrass him at the moment though and instead stroke my fingers over his. While I do this, I think about happy things because that's all that I need to do moving forward.

"Can you please turn that shit off immediately?" I hear Chase complain from the driver's seat. I turn it up louder. Toxic by Britney Spears is playing through the radio and I know all the words, so I sing along obnoxiously to piss Chase off even further.

I sing the chorus to the song and Chase shifts in his chair uncomfortably. I look at him curiously. "That bad?" I ask, referring to my probably horrible voice, although, I've been told that I'm not bad. He shakes his head. I stare at him. What's his problem? I look down at his lap and my face lights up when I see that he is turned on. After our sadly uneventful time in the shower this morning, he probably has blue balls. Unless while we were "just friends" he's been getting it from somewhere else. That thought causes me to scoff.

"What?" He asks, looking concerned with my silence and the unprompted scoff I let out.

"When was the last time you had sex?" I ask, trying to keep my voice even but anybody could hear the desperation. He just looks baffled by this, as if my question is completely unwarranted.

"Do you have amnesia? You were literally there." He laughs at my stupidity, I just cross my arms, not finished with my line of questioning.

"And before that?"

"Lexi, I haven't had sex with anyone since I met you if that's what you're on about. I was so hung up on you already that I haven't even had the chance to think about anyone else, love." I look at him, trying to read his emotions and all I can see is genuine honesty.

I smirk. "Good." I huff playfully.

He just rolls his eyes and squeezes my thigh making me squeak.

"Don't! I'm ticklish!" I squeal. Oh no.

His eyebrow raises and he glances over at me quickly, removing his hand slowly. "Are you now?" He says tauntingly. Why did I tell him that?!

I try to play it off. "I was kidding." Good one Einstein

Chase shakes his head. "No, I don't think you were. And that's not something I'd forget so easily." I shut my eyes and lean my head back to hit the chair.

I'll be safe as long as we're driving.