51

I couldn't get the stupid smile off of my face

I couldn't get the stupid smile off of my face. I finally told her how I feel, kind of. Now that I realize it, I left out everything important. I didn't tell her that when we wake up in the same bed, I watch her long eyelashes flutter when the sunlight hits them, and how her steady breathing is what makes mine uneven.

I didn't tell her how I like to tell her jokes, even inappropriate ones because she'll push me away, and even that small touch makes me feel like she's pulling me closer. I didn't tell her how intelligent she is, and how incredibly talented she is. I didn't tell her how kind, and how beautiful she is, especially on the inside, and I know that she'd do anything for one of her friends.

I lay in her bed thinking about this until I fall asleep to dreams of her.

Sunlight hits my face and makes me groan. I go to pull the comforter over my head and realize that it's caught on something. I lift it up and see an arm and a leg. I smile, surprised when I realize that it's her arm and her leg, and that they're wrapped around me.

I turn to face her, keeping her limbs safely attached to me still, and I just stare, in a totally, non-creepy way.

I'm such a creep for her.

I can't bring myself to stop admiring her face. She looks so untroubled, with no lines marring her skin, no frown present on her face, just contentment. Her eyelids flutter open as if she can sense my stare, and when she meets my eyes she smiles tiredly, snuggling in closer to my chest.

"Mhmm, so warm." She mumbles against my skin, placing a light kiss to my collarbone which makes me shiver in delight. This is a step in the right direction.

She yawns cutely before snuggling back into me. "I never wanna get uuuuuppp." She whines, making me smile. I hug her closer to me, burying my nose in her hair. Inhaling, the scent of vanilla fills my nose. She never smells the same, I swear she uses a different shampoo every day. I lightly trace my fingers over the skin on her back, making her shiver when I get to a sensitive spot.

My hand freezes in place when I realize she's not wearing anything, at least on top. I look down at her to see that she's already looking up at me, hungrily might I add. She rolls over on top of me so that she's straddling my hips and she places her hands on my chest.

I groan when my eyes are met with the sight of her bare chest. Leaning back and closing my eyes, I relish her soft touch. She rolls her hips on top of mine, gaining the expected reaction out of me and she moans. Gripping her hips with my hands, I help her roll on top of me, pressing her down harder to feel what she does to me.

When she leans down to kiss me, the door is thrown open wide. "I bring foooo– Oh shit." Faye curses, surprised. Why she is bringing food into Lexi's room, I have no idea. She turns around and Lexi grabs her shirt from the floor, already wearing a pair of tiny cotton shorts.

"Every fucking time." I hear Lexi mumble and I bite my lip, agreeing silently.

"You decent?" Faye questions, completely unbothered and Lexi mumbles a 'yeah' before she turns around, pointing a finger at me, still in bed and only wearing black boxer briefs. "You." Shee says, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Me," I say sarcastically.

"What are your intentions with my best friend?" I don't say what my intentions were a minute ago, instead going with the safer option.

"Is there even a right answer here? I feel like that's a trick question."

She looks to Lexi, and back to me. "He's smart..."

Lexi looks at me, mouthing "sorry" when Faye sets down the tray she brought in before turning around and leaving the door cracked open purposely. I let out a loud laugh in amusement. Lexi notices the door and laughs as well, grabbing the tray and handing it to me before she climbs in and we sit up against the headboard, sharing the breakfast.

"Well, this has been an eventful morning." She says once we finish up the food, rubbing her hands together.

"You could say that again. I'll be needing a shower, care to join?" I say smirking as I make my way to the bathroom, knowing that she's checking me out as I walk and I turn around to see her reaction.

"I'd be happy to." She says as she struts past me whilst removing her shirt.

Heart attack here I come.

I eagerly trail after her, staring at her naked back as she leans over to turn the water on. My briefs aren't able to hide my arousal, but the soft expression on Lexi's face makes this so much more. We're not going to jump into things this time. This right here, is the two of us being intimate without any expectations.

 This right here, is the two of us being intimate without any expectations