55

"Can you please bring the chips!" I yell in the general direction of the kitchen, hearing a sarcastic "Anything for you, dear," coming from Chase

"Can you please bring the chips!" I yell in the general direction of the kitchen, hearing a sarcastic "Anything for you, dear," coming from Chase. He plops down next to me, laying with his head on my lap as he swings the chip bag at me, lightly hitting me in the face and bursts out laughing.

"I'm so sorry. That was an accident." Pausing in between most words because of his laughter and I just jokingly glare at him. We decided to binge-watch Prison Break for the night to get our minds off of the things going on in our lives. I mindlessly play with Chase's soft, light hair as I try to focus on the show, but my mind constantly drifts elsewhere.

I decide to watch Chase watch the show, and admire his features. His hair is getting longer, I notice, and if you know him well enough you'd see that it is lighter from the sun's rays. My eyes trace over his face, lingering on his beautiful green eyes, long brown eyelashes, his straight nose, and his full pink lips. He notices my staring and turns his body to look back up at me, seeming to do the same.

"You're so beautiful." He murmurs, looking into my eyes. A wide grin displays itself on my face and I blush lightly. Chase reaches a hand up to brush over my cheek and I close my eyes at the feeling of his light touch, leaning into his hand. I have the urge to tell him the secret that I'd been hiding from him, but he speaks before I can even bring it up.

"Go on a date with me." He blurts out and my eyes snap open.

"When?" I ask eagerly with a wide grin.

"Tomorrow night. Nothing fancy, considering the idea popped into my head three seconds ago, but I'll figure something out, love." I love it when he calls me that.

I nod, unable to keep the wide smile off my face and I lean down to kiss him, both of us laughing due to our awkward position. Chase sits up and pulls me onto his lap, kissing me properly, and slowly. He pulls away and instead brings me into a hug, nestling his face into my chest and I let out a laugh at the ticklish feeling of his nose against my cleavage. He looks up at me happily.

"You'd pick me over Scofield right?" He asks. I pretend to ponder his question and he fakes a hurt expression with his hand over his heart as if I'd wounded him, but I nod.

"I'd pick you over anyone."

"So all he said was 'nothing too fancy'?" Faye asks exasperatedly, ruffling through my closet to find a 'perfect' outfit for my first date with Chase tonight. She's taken it upon herself to do everything but bathe me, so I'm sitting here, on my bed, in a towel with another one wrapped around my head just watching Faye run around in amusement.

"Yup," I say, trying to rile her up further. If I'm being honest, I care more than I let on about this date going well. Yes, Chase and I have worked together really well as friends, but we've never been on a date before, and most of the time when we were alone in the past, we were either friendly or really friendly. We still hadn't crossed that line since we became official.

"Ah ha!" I hear her shout, holding up a piece of fabric victoriously. She holds it up for me to see that it is a charcoal grey t-shirt.

"That's your amazing outfit? A giant t-shirt?" I ask warily.

She nods. "You wear this, no pants, and these." She says mischievously, holding up my favorite pair of thigh-high black suede boots and I shake my head.

"I love it, but I'm wearing shorts underneath just in case whatever it is that we're doing is physical," I say, grabbing the items from her and putting them on my bed while going to grab lacy underwear from my drawer. I leave out the fact that I'm terrified to wear a dress or a skirt.

"Do you seriously doubt that it'll get physical?" She asks with a smirk and I roll my eyes.

"Not what I meant and you know it," I say as I slip the underwear on and put on the t-shirt. It comes to mid-thigh but it's also super loose so I don't feel too exposed. I put on a pair of black bike shorts that reach a couple of inches above my knee and although I don't like the idea of so much skin showing, tonight is a hot night and I know I'll be okay with Chase. Plus, only about two inches of my thigh is actually showing due to the boots. I sit back down and Faye gets to work on my makeup, wanting to keep it natural and I agree.

She leaves most of my face bare, only adding concealer underneath my eyes to brighten them, and doing a light brown eyeshadow with white in the corner of my eyes to make them pop. She applies a thin coat of eyeliner and coats my eyelashes with mascara.

"Oh wait, lips." She says and I hold up a hand before applying my own favorite lip balm. I smack them together once she's done and she starts drying my hair. After she dries it, she grabs her curling wand that is heated up and starts to turn my straight hair into loose beachy waves. Ruffling my hair once she's done to add volume, she smiles down at me and pretends to wipe a tear from her eye.

I roll my eyes again but smile at her antics. "What are you doing tonight?" I ask her and she shrugs.

"Reece is probably coming over to watch a movie." She says casually and I narrow my eyes.

"You and Reece have been spending a lot of time together," I say suspiciously.

"You and I spend a lot of time together. Yet I'm not sleeping with you if that's what you're implying." She huffs and I let it go. If something more were going on, I'd either know by finding out or she'd tell me herself. I wouldn't put it past Reece to tell me either.

We hear a knock on the front door so I wave to Faye and blow her a kiss, grabbing my wallet and keys and strutting over to the door dramatically knowing that she's watching by the sound of her giggle. I throw the door open and come face to face with Chase, wearing a tight, light grey t-shirt that showcases his amazing body and squeezes the muscles of his arms. On his legs, he has simple black chinos and on his feet, plain black vans. He has his hands in his pockets, making his muscles flex and I mentally check to make sure I'm not drooling.

Ladies and gentleman, my boyfriend.

I lick my lips and smirk at his expression. By his face, it looks like he likes the boots just as much as I do, his gaze lingering on them and finally drawing back up to meet my own. He smiles a genuine smile and I step forward to embrace him.

"You're matching, how cute," Faye pipes in and I roll my eyes. Chase wraps his arms around my waist and mine go around his neck, not having to stand on my tip-toes due to the heel of the boot, but Chase still towers over me like the giant he is. I squeeze him to me, not wanting to ever let go of his warm body but, hesitantly, I do.

"Ready babe?"

I'm so ready to date this man.