64

I wait nervously for Chase to return with my present, and everybody looks at me knowingly

I wait nervously for Chase to return with my present, and everybody looks at me knowingly. Trying and failing, I glare at my friends and siblings because they know and I don't, but I can't possibly hold any resentment for them while I am so brilliantly lit up with excitement. I hear Chase struggle to open the door before the handle turns successfully and he pushes it open.

Chase walks in holding the most gorgeous golden retriever puppy that I have ever seen, with a blue collar and a matching blue ribbon around him like a present. I scream and run to him, almost stepping on Faye before he can even make it past the threshold. Looking up into his eyes, I make sure that it's for me and he nods and chuckles.

I take the puppy into my arms and snuggle into his soft fur. Closing my eyes as a few tears of joy escape my eyes. Since I was old enough to know what the word 'puppy' meant, I'd wanted one. Of course, I wasn't allowed to have one with the kind of parents that raised me. I was always obsessed with Faye's dogs growing up, and I can't believe that my boyfriend got me one of my own. If our apartment didn't allow dogs I would move, thank god it does though.

Looking up at Chase, I'm still crying and I can see the relief on his face that I love my gift. "Faye told you?" I ask him.

"He actually came up with the idea all on his own, he asked me if I thought it was a good idea and I thought you had told him or something," Faye says. I am absolutely speechless. How could he have possibly known?

"I've heard that golden retrievers make brilliant service dogs, so we can get him trained, and then if I ever have to leave for some reason, you'll never be alone," Chase says and I immediately start crying harder. How can somebody be so thoughtful? He wraps his arms around us and the puppy squirms in my arms, making me laugh.

I put him down and he runs over to the rest of the group, wagging his tiny little tail like crazy and falling all over himself. Chase wipes my tears away with his thumbs and looks down at me, just staring at every part of my face.

"I love you." He looks shocked and I realize that I was the one who said it. A big smile takes over his face, showing off his perfect teeth and full lips. He shakes his head.

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Angel. I was going to say it first." He pouts. I put my hands on his cheeks and he places his on my waist.

"You can say it second?" I offer and giggle, hiccupping which makes my face blush.

"I love you, Angel." I hear everybody behind me awe and the puppy barks, no longer having the unwavering attention of everyone in the room. I bury my head in Chase's chest and hug him tightly to me. Not wanting to ever let him go.

"What will we name him?" I ask.

"I hope you don't mind, but I've already named him and gotten him a tag. But if you don't like it we can easily change it." I smile and bite my lip. Looking at him in expectation.

"As long as it isn't Greg," I laugh and his eyes widen just before he starts laughing and thankfully shakes his head.

"How do you like Vitaly?" He asks unsure and my eyes widen.

"I love it, we could call him Taly!" He smiles again, glad I like the name. I let go of him and rush back over to the group, excited to play with my new baby Vitaly. Sitting, I wait as he does a little hop/run over to me and I squeal, excited that he already comes to me.

Chase sits too and pets him occasionally as we all talk and eat some of the snacks that Tatiana brought out when I was too busy to notice while freaking out from receiving my gift. "It means full of life," Chase says quietly, referring to Vitaly. I pick him up and admire his blue ribbon and collar, as it's my absolute favorite color and if he hadn't gotten him these things, I would have.

"Does he have any toys?" I ask, putting him on my lap but he immediately jumps off to go play with the tree. Chase nods his head.

"Everything is in my truck. Food, toys, bed. Although I think we both know that he'll be sleeping with you." Everyone takes turns fawning over Vitaly and picking up their own gifts and looks at them in admiration, thanking the people who purchased them.

"Us. Sleeping with us. Just because I have him now doesn't mean I don't need you, Chase." I say and I mean it. A puppy will definitely help because I'll probably never be alone anymore, but I still want Chase to be there as often as possible.

"Of course, love. I'm not going anywhere." We all stand up and set up the camera once more, except this time I'm holding Vitaly in my arms. I know the picture is going to be hilarious, because just before the camera went off, Chase tickled me, Vitaly licked my face, Reece picked Faye up, and almost everyone started laughing.

This has been the absolute, best "friends-mas" ever, and I wouldn't trade any one of these goons for anything. I know now that whatever may happen, I'll always have my family consisting of these seven people and Vitaly, who will be there for me, and me for them.

 I know now that whatever may happen, I'll always have my family consisting of these seven people and Vitaly, who will be there for me, and me for them