Chapter 49

Readers POV
"You!-"
The nurse doesn't get time to finish her sentence as I grab her name tag, using the corner of the plastic to slice across her throat. She gargles, stumbling backwards as her hands clamp around her neck. Soaking in blood as she tries to stop the bleeding, gasping for air, she falls to the floor, landing on her back. Blood spluttering out of her mouth as she gags.
I raise up off of the bed, walking over to her, standing over her body, looking her straight in the eye. So the last thing she sees is my revengeful gaze.

~**~

"Dr Manning! What on earth are you doing?!"
A nurse shrieks as she walks into the room, watching as the Doctor roughly tries to restrain me as I thrash and scream, refusing to be tied down to the bed.
"Nurse! Give me a hand! Grab her arms and hold her down!"
The nurse shakes her head, grabbing the doctors arm.
"Dr.. This isn't right! You shouldn't treat patients like th-"
"Nurse! Unless you wish to lose your job on that little love affair with the pharmacist. I suggest you help me."
The nurse gasps with wide eyes. Letting go of his arm and backing away. Lowering her head with a sigh before nodding.
"Yes Dr Manning.."
She wipes away a small tear from her cheek, walking around to my side, grabbing my shoulders and forcing me down against the bed.

~**~

"One down."
I mumble to myself as make my way to the door, peeking out into the hallways which were luckily empty.
Before I had burst into the hospital, I heard the nurse talking about Dr Manning going to ICU. So I just needed to find where the ICU unit is..
"Where the hell are you Jeff.."
I whisper to myself as I tiptoe down the hallway. Although, it didn't take me long to reach the reception area. Crouching down on my knees so the receptionist couldn't see me over the desk, I slowly crawl forward, poking my head around to see if I could spot Jeff.
Come on.. where are you..!
Just then, a security guard walks through the hospital doors, causing me to quickly back up. But, something was off. The guard kept his head down so no one could see his face. His cap blocking any possible front view. Looking closer, I see his eyes shift in my direction before a long cheeky smile spreads across his face. This was no security guard. It was Jeff.
I watch as he makes his away down a hall, his hand lowering to his side behind his back. His fingers signalling to follow. Quickly crawling along the floor, I wait until I was out of sight of the receptionist before standing to my feet, running on to catch up with Jeff.
When I do, I don't stop running. I leap forward and wrap my arms around his waist from behind. Hugging him.
"What are you doing? This isn't over yet!"
He groans, trying to remove my arms from around him. I couldn't help but giggle. Letting go and standing beside him, looking up at him.
"What?"
He scoffs, noticing my gaze as I stare at him smiling.
"You look pretty good in uniform."
I wink, nudging him with my elbow.
"Ugh"
He rolls he's eyes along with an annoyed grunt, picking up the pace so he walked in front. I trot a little to keep up with him, making our way to the ICU unit.