ICE CREAM AND BAD CHOICES

THE DEAL
twelve | ❝I'll do it.❞

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "I haven't even been here a week and I already feel like driving off a cliff," Poppy looked up as she heard her older brother speak.

Felix took a seat in the armchair by the couch where Poppy and Carl were snuggled up, watching Coco.

"Welcome to my life," Poppy scoffed, earning a chuckle from Carl.

"Mom and dad are trying to set me up. They've brought up like fifteen of their coworkers daughters. I don't know what to do, it's like everywhere I turn, mom's there telling me how sweet some girl named Samantha is, and dad's telling me how smart some girl named Kristen is— I feel trapped," Felix gave a deep breath after finishing his little rant and turned to see Poppy and Carl both looking at him.

"You alright, man?" Carl asked.

"I have no idea what just happened," Felix looked straight ahead, in shock with his minor freakout.

"Felix, you have the freedom to go out! Get in your car and drive around or something," Poppy shrugged, "it's mid-May! It's hot out! Go to like, the pool, I don't know."

"Yeah, right, says the one snuggled on the couch watching Coco!" Felix shot back.

Poppy just laughed and averted her eyes back to the Disney film.

"And, dude, is it really that bad to have girls lined up for you," Carl asked, looking back at Felix.

"Well, I'm gay, so."

"Oh, shit. Sorry, dude," Carl's eyes went wide as he apologized.

Feliz laughed. "It's fine, man. You don't have to apologize."

"You said that loudly," Poppy told her brother.

"No, I didn't!"

"You did, mom and dad might've heard you," Poppy smirked, just teasing him.

Felix tolled his eyes. "Whatever! I'm gonna go buy ice cream," the boy got up and grabbed his car keys.

"Can you pick me up at like 4:30 from school tomorrow? I'm tutoring so I'll be staying after school." Poppy calls out.

Felix gives a "yes!" before leaving the house.

As the older boy left, the two teenagers turned to one another. They knew that no one was around anymore, and that they didn't have to remain in that position. But they didn't say anything about it when they didn't move.

"What now?" Carl asked, his hand lingering on the girls waist.

"What do you mean what now? We're finishing Coco," Poppy stated.

Carl pouted a little and looked at the door longingly. "I kinda want ice cream now."

Poppy looked up at him before playfully rolling her eyes. The girl reached for her phone and quickly called her brother. "Can you come back and get us? Carl wants ice cream."