Oh No It's Sad

Cassius held me like I was going to disappear at any moment. He kissed me slowly and softly and with all the pent up emotions we'd both been feeling for the past months. I didn't even notice he was crying until I tasted the salty drops on my lips and I couldn't hold back the wave of crushing sadness that washed over me too.

"Cassius," I whispered, but he kissed me again, "oh my god it's you."

A quiet sob escaped from my lungs as I squeezed him tightly. He kissed my eyelids and my cheeks and the top of my head and a warmth filled up in my chest. Half of my soul was gone and in a second he was back.

"Alabaster, I'm sorry," he murmured, "I'm so sorry."

"I love you, I love you," I whispered as my lip wobbled and I held onto his shoulders.

"I love you," he replied as more tears rolled down his face, we slid to the floor slowly and kissed again. I thought I wouldn't be able to face him. I thought I'd be able to ignore all these feelings. But I was wrong and I couldn't suppress them no matter how hard I tried, because I loved him.

When we'd mostly stopped crying and kissing I rested my forehead against his shoulder as he ran his palm down my back. I missed this feeling, his fingers dancing down the curve of my spine. His warm palm running over my shoulder blades.

"Cassius..." I started, but didn't know what to say, "Cassius are you okay? H-have you been okay?"

He was silent for a heartbeat and I felt his hand tremble slightly.

"No. Not without you," he whispered with tensely. I ran my fingers through his hair to calm the thundering in my chest.

"I-I-" I couldn't bite it out, not when he was already so broken, "I'm so sorry- I had to- I-I had to..." I felt a tear drip down my cheek slowly, "I needed energy, and until w-wished that you were there. But- but-" I couldn't help it and started to sob again. Cassius stiffened under me and cupped the back of my head and rocked me gently.

"I understand. I know, I wouldn't be angry with you for that, I know," he cooed in my ear and kissed my temple, "I'm sorry I didn't find you soon enough."

"B-but," I squeezed him tighter, "I wanted it too. I couldn't- it was so hard."

Cassius swallowed and nodded slowly.

"I get it. I know you found h-him. If you... wanted to go back... I wouldn't stop you," he bit out and it felt as though a knife had pierced my heart.

"No! No please, I don't ever want to go back!" I begged and clung onto Cassius pitifully, "I don't want to see him."

He didn't say anything else, and continued to rock me gently until I felt my eyelids grow heavy. The excitement was wearing off and I was so tired.

"Alabaster?" He whispered tentatively in my ear and pulled me back to look me in the eye, "will you go back with me? Will you... Will you be my mate again? My-my equal?"

I paused and then threw myself back into his arms.

"Do you even have to ask?" I could almost laugh if I wasn't crying, "of course, take me back. Take me back, Cassius. I want- I want to go home."

--------------------

We touched down in our room and I was surprised to see that nothing had changed. Even my dirty clothes from the day I'd been taken were still in the same place. All the same I loved the smell and the sight of being somewhere familiar again.

Then I thought about it a little more and looked around. It... concerned me.

"Cassius... have you even been in here since I left?" I asked and placed a gentle hand on his chest. He almost looked ashamed when he answered.