Chapter 41: "Laughter is the Best Medicine"

As soon as you made your way into the living room, the air instantly became warmer with affection and affinity. It made the smile on your face widen even more. You then walked across the floor until you reached Sans, handing him his water and as you turned to go to the couch, it clicked in your mind... Maia had gotten Papyrus to sit on the couch, leaving you to sit next to him. She's quite the sneaky shipper, isn't she?

"Papyrus, I got your Dr. Pepper." You commented, sitting beside the lanky skeleton. "thank ya, it's much appreciated." He thanked you in response, eagerly taking it from your grasp and cracking it open. With one swift move, he lifted the drink to his teeth and started downing it. The fizzing of the carbonation popped against the aluminum can, causing it to have various popping noises, but, nobody minded.

"Now, did you make this yourself, Sans? It smells absolutely delectable!" You asked and Maia nodded rapidly. "It smells so good!" Maia agreed and Sans beamed in the compliments, his shoulders held straight and a wide grin plastered onto his skull. After a moment of thought, he hummed slightly. "AS MUCH AS I'D LIKE TO TAKE CREDIT, IT'D BE MORALLY WRONG! AND WELL, I GO BY MORALS! MWEH HEH HEH!" Sans exclaimed and Maia giggled at his enthusiasm cutely. "WE HAD QUEEN TORIEL AND ASGORE OVER, SO I ASKED THEM FOR ANY SOUP TIPS AND WELL... THIS HAPPENED! ASGORE AND PAPYRUS HELPED MAKE IT TOO!" Sans admitted. "aw, hush. i did nothin'." Papyrus replied in response, placing his bowl onto his legs. "SURE YOU DID! I WOULD EVEN ARGUE THAT YOU DID MOST OF THE WORK!" Sans replied and Papyrus tugged on the collar of his button up shirt. "nah nah. i dunno what he's goin' on about." Papyrus chuckled and Sans rolled his bright blue irises.

"ANYWAYS, SHALL WE DIG IN?" Sans asked and everyone nodded, replying "Mmhm!" in unison together. "GREAT! LET'S ENJOY THIS TACO-TASTIC MEAL TOGETHER!" Sans remarked and everyone let out a chuckle, then began to eat the soup. And to you, Maia and Papyrus' delight, it was absolutely delicious! Very much unlike the first meal from Sans you had tasted a week ago. Perhaps all he needed to improve was some friendly guidance.

"Sans, this is so good? You and your crew did a super good job at cooking it!" Maia squeaked and Sans clapped his hands together happily. "THANK YOU, MAIA! COMPLIMENTS TRULY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME COMING FROM YOU!" Sans remarked and Maia placed a hand on top of her heart. "I'm really so glad... I—I could honestly compliment you all day long. You truly deserve it." Maia spoke, her words obviously true and Sans blushed a bright blue. Maia soon joined him, looking down bashfully.

At this obvious sign of romance on both sides, you and Papyrus exchanged a knowing glance. It was apparent that their relationship was slowly blossoming as if it was a flower growing beneath a thin layer of snow. But as for you and Papyrus' relationship, it seems to not be growing much at all. And of course in comparison, that sucks. But, as you pushed the thought from your mind, you continued eating your dinner, spoonful by spoonful.

"so, (y/n)... how are ya feeling?" Papyrus suddenly asked, tearing your glance away from your meal, back to his skull. "Oh my goodness, so much better! I am glad that issue didn't stay for long." You replied and he seemed to furrow his 'bone'brows. "issue? what was wrong anyways?" Papyrus asked, and suddenly Maia snorted, laughing pretty hard. "Oh my God, never again." She spoke between laughs and Papyrus, and now Sans just grew more and more confused by the minute.

"She made me drink a disgusting amount of honey mixed with water. My stomach hurt for hours and I emptied so much of my insides." You laughed and Papyrus stayed silent for a few seconds, then he snorted, busting out laughing. Sans on the other hand just gasped. "THAT CANNOT BE HEALTHY! DO YOU NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL?" He asked in shock and you shook your head. "No, no. Really, I'm completely fine now." You reassured him, and Sans did seem to relax a bit.