•35•

Taehyung left the dressing room in a hurry. Jin-hyung was on and he would be up next.

He sprinted through the cluster of people, staff arranging things, candidates chatting. From above, Seokjin's voice rung throughout the place and Taehyung was amazed by how great it sounded. He smiled to himself, knowing how hard his hyung had worked on that piece. 

A smile appeared on his lips as he remembered seeing his hyung on the bed, scribbling away and then sighing before he ripped the paper out of the notebook and tossed it aside, mumbling something about it not being good enough.

When Tae heard the final recording of it, he had thrown himself at his hyung to give him a tight embrace and a sloppy wet kiss to his cheek. Jin had grown shy but couldn't wipe the grin off of his own face.

He was proud of his hyung.

One of the staff members guides him under the stage. Taehyung is surprised to see the world underneath a stage. 

Its absolutely chaotic. With people rushing back and forth, carrying props, speaking through walkie-talkies (those things were actually still being used in this day and age?). 

Sung-kyung approached him and started applying something on his lips and then went to powder his face. He cocked a brow. "Didn't you just-"

"Just some minor details," she replied. She rubbed her hands on his jacket, straightening out the wrinkles. "Your hyung is doing an amazing job up there."

He smiles widely at that. "He is. He's going to win."

She glances down at him, staring at him with those big honey colored eyes. "I'm not really allowed to play favorites since I have four of you under my care." Taehyung nods, understanding. "But," she continues, pulling out her phone and typing something in, "I'm ridiculously happy at all the positive responses he's getting." 

She hands the phone to him. Tae brings it up. It was a live stream of the show, there was a live comment section on the side. Sung-kyung pulls out a brush and starts dabbing at certain spots on his face.

He admires his hyung on the screen for a few seconds, a content feeling in his chest as he saw how absolutely memorizing Jin looked on screen. He knew it was a good idea for his hyung to study acting, Jin had a face made to be famous.

Their mother had been against it originally, saying that only a few really made it in the industry as rich and famous actors. Taehyung knew that they couldn't go wrong with a face as good looking as Jin's. It was a face beautiful enough to even catch the attention of the king himself.

Using his index finger, he scrolled through the comments. There were comments that expressed their absolute amazement with Seokjin's voice, some writing on how captivating he looked, others that said they were crying by listening to the beautiful message he sang about. 

There were some comments that bothered him. Ones that would pop up occasionally, but still caught his eye. Comments that he deemed completely unnecessary. Comments like "Where's Jimin?", "When's Daniel gonna be on?", "Please bring Jackson back."

A new, sick feeling curling at the pit of his stomach, he hands the phone back to the stylist who seems completely oblivious to Tae's change in mood. He closes his eyes, basking in the sweet sound of Jin's voice. Although his hyung wasn't a professional singer, his voice seemed to heal.

It was a simple sound, airy, but powerful. Like a strong breeze that makes you sigh in content when it hits you. 

And when he began hitting those high notes that he remembered Jin had practiced for hours, he got chills.