ZERO; GONE GIRL

─── THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS CAME TO A SLOW HALT AT KING'S CROSS STATION, the start to the summer holidays as the students filed off excitedly

─── THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS CAME TO A SLOW HALT AT KING'S CROSS STATION, the start to the summer holidays as the students filed off excitedly. Among them, Tyne Ayers slipped through the crowds of her fellow classmates and their families to search for her own mother. Pulling her trunk behind her, Tyne's eyes scanned over plenty of faces but she didn't spot the familiar smile that normally greeted her at the station. Perhaps her mother was running late, something not entirely uncommon, but still considered quite rare. However, due to the urgency in her mother's latest letter, Tyne assumed that her mother would be there at least an hour before her own arrival.

As much as Tyne believed she was reading into things, she couldn't ignore the strangeness surrounding her mother's letter. Nineve's letters usually consisted of random thoughts, best wishes, and of course, a joke slipped in here and there to make Tyne's time at school a little easier. However, in the most recent one that Tyne received right after exams, her mother told her to be ready at the train station.  That they would be leaving promptly and wouldn't have time for Tyne to spend talking with friends. They were to meet right in front of the barrier, on the side that exposed the wizarding world and was kept separate from the muggle one. And yet, Nineve was nowhere in sight.

Focusing on the golden button that fastened her cloak, every so often Tyne would glance up to see if her mother had arrived, only to watch as other families came and went. The button itself was not an original to the cloak, only added on by Nineve. She owned a similar cloak, fastened with all the golden brass buttons that Tyne adored so much as a child. Eventually, Nineve took noticed, duplicating one of the buttons for her daughter and fastening it to Tyne's cloak.

As her fingers traced over the carved "A," Tyne's stomach was beginning to fill with a slight worry. She was about to reach into her bag and see if perhaps she had read her mother's instructions wrong. Maybe there was another meeting place that she had skipped over somewhere in the mix of it all. However, just as she was rummaging through, someone approached her from the side, calling out her name suddenly that brought her to jump.

Turning her head with a nervous swallow, she quickly sighed in relief as she spotted Theseus Scamander standing beside her. A smile appeared on her face as her heartbeat returned back to normal and the quest for her mother's letter slipped from her mind. The two had sat inside the same compartment on the train, although distracted by conversations with other friends. Although Tyne hadn't been one for much talking, mainly focusing out on the window to watch the passing landscape and then nodding her head every so often to make it appear as though she was listening.

"You hurried off the train so quickly, I thought you were already gone," Theseus told her, " and that was without getting a chance to say goodbye for the summer."

She realised just how rude that did come across but farewells had been the last thing on her mind at the time. A peach-coloured blush stained her cheeks temporarily as she peered down at her boots before facing Theseus with an apologetic look.