FIFTY: EPILOGUE

Media: "Mess Is Mine" by Vance Joy

Third-Person POV

He adjusted his tie anxiously for the umpteenth time. Hating the way that the knot seemed to sit on his throat where every swallow and breath felt constricted, as if intent on drawing his last breath. He tried to loosen the space between the knot and his throat slightly, but hated how it looked instantly. He tightened the knot once more, wanting to look nothing but the perfect partner for Coe today.

Jared hated to admit it, but the emotions were getting to him, and he wasn't quite sure they were going to go away anytime soon. His chest felt heavy, sore and there was a tickle in his chest that made him want to smack something, or cry. Since he wasn't a man who cried, he would honestly settle for a round of boxing with Heath or Lewis. Anything at all to get rid of the slight tremble in his hands, the jumpy feeling inside of him that was starting to drive him crazy, telling him how affected he truly was about this, despite wanting to look grounded, strong and sure on the outside.

Behind him, Heath watched as one of the most hardened man he knew paced towards the window in the room, staring out of the room with his hands around his tie, fidgeting like an anxious child. Heath had never seen Jared like this. It was entertaining to say the least, and honestly a sweet sight to behold.

"Would you stop fidgeting with your tie for a moment?" Heath asked gently, letting out a snort when he saw Jared jump as he startled.

"I'm not fidgeting."

"Alright, then put your hands down by your sides and sit down for a moment before you drive yourself insane." Heath suggested as he stepped towards his lover, reaching out to hold Jared's hand and pulling them away from his neck.

"Why is this harder than the ceremony we just had?" Jared asked quietly as he allowed Heath to lead him away from the window and pull him into a couch in the room. .

"Maybe because this time we're doing it in front of the Family, and if Coe says no at the altar..."

Jared's face paled, and Heath bit his lips to prevent himself from laughing. This was fun.

"I'm only kidding. You know he's going to say yes, there's no doubt about that. What's making you so anxious?"

"Where is he?" Jared asked, ignoring the question, "He's taking too long in the washroom."

"He's only been gone for five minutes, Jer. He's alright, Lewis is with him, he won't let Coe get hurt. You know how much he likes him." Heath smiled as he leaned in to kiss Jared, who absentmindedly returned the kiss.

"Father is here already, we really shouldn't keep him waiting." Jared started to shake his legs, "Where's Coe?"

"Oh for goodness sake. Would you calm down? He'll be back any moment and we'll be headed to the ceremony once he-"

The door swung open with a loud bang and Lewis entered the room with a huge smile on his face, and a nervous looking Coe trailing behind him.

"Wedding jitters. Small bladder this one has." Lewis chuckled, "Better not feed him anything else until the end of the ceremony."

Coe glared at Lewis before he turned to look at Jared, who was already on his feet and advancing towards him, "Did something happen?" He asked nervously, suddenly worried when he saw the look on Jared's face, as though something went wrong. He blood chilled, suddenly remembered how he got stabbed before.

"Nothing. All is well, we were just worried we might not start on time. Are you ready? Shall we go?" Jared asked, reaching out to hold Coe's hand and touching his face affectionately.