Chapter 14 Lab baby

"I heard the news !"

"Well hello to you too Evan . Yes I slept well . No I'm not doing great . And yes,  the news is tragic. " I replied with sarcasm as I tied my hair in a bun.

"Sorry . It's just,  when I heard I had to see you . So I came straight here from the lab. "

"Wow it must be my lucky day to receive a visit from the all mighty ,Evan. I'm such a lucky girl ! " I said with exaggeration,   sass , and anything else that could contribute to my already sarcasm filled attitude.

"Okay. I deserve that ." He said taking a seat at the foot of the bed.

"You think ?"

"But Andy , I was just -"

"Save it. I don't want to hear any excuses from you . "

"But -"

"But too late Evan. I trusted you, opened up towards you and became vulnerable.  And what did you do ? You stomped on my heart and walked out on me."

"Andy..." he trailed off as he tried to reach for me. I scooted further away as I just looked at him.

I wanted him to look into my eyes and see how hurt and scared I was. I wanted him to see how I felt and to know it was all because of him.

But he didn't.

"Just go Evan. I can't deal with you right now. "

"But let me explain. "

"Explain what ? There's nothing to explain. Just leave me so I can get  my stuff together , they'll be here any second now to move me. Just go , okay ? "

"But I can't. "

"Why not !? Don't you see how much you've hurt me !? And now you keep on hurting me because you're trying to fix things . Well guess what,  you can't fix everything and you can't fix this. "

"I see . I guess I'll go then."

"Yeah , you do that. " I said harsly as I walked him to the door, as he turned back around to me with regretful eyes .

"Just know Andy , that everything I did for you was because I love you , and I always will. You may not know or understand what I'm saying or what it is that I actully did,  but hopefully someday you'll piece the pieces together and understand. I really do love you."

And then he walked out.

Again.

As the door closed behind him I fell to my knees and cried,  I cried and cried until I swear I had no more tears left to cry.

This was exactly what I was trying to prevent , why I told him to leave . To keep myself  from breaking down like this over him . But I guess it happend either way.

"Andy ! You ready ?" I heard Emma from the other side of the door.

I wiped my eyes and took a look in the mirror before answering;" yeah , come on in!" All it took was one look at me , and she knew. She wrapped me in a warm bear hug as she said nothing but hold me. This was exactly what I needed . A friend and a hug. I missed my mom so much ...

"Come on , let's get you all dolled up again and get you to your new room . Spoiler alert , you have an ocean view !"

"That sounds great thanks Emma ." I said with a sniff.

Half an hour later I was dressed and walking to my new ward and room. The halls weren't green or red or yellow like the breeder wards but it had actual colour and not just one. It was beautiful.
The halls were decorated in soft pastel colours with pictures hanging from the walls and girls with protruding bellies walking up and down the halls , greeting me with warm smiles.