Eight

"The fuck are you reciting?" Jimin asked with a crinkled face as he watch you phase back and forth infront of him with your phone in your hand.

You stopped mumbling the numbers that you've been memorizing for the past hour. You looked at him, your hair in a ponytail dangles softly through the air as you turn your head at your friend.

"His number." You muttered then you put your eyes back on your screen, your mouth starts to mumble the numbers that has now become familiar to your tongue.

"Who's number?" Jimin said as he massage his temple.

"Jeon Jungkook's." You answered absent mindedly as you walk infront of him, back and forth.

"Jeon what?" He asked back at you as he look at you stupidly.

"Jungkook."

"You're memorizing Jeon Jungkook's number?!" He stood up from the lawn of grass he was sitting on earlier. His voice became louder and higher, his mouth almost made a perfect circle out of shock.

You put your index finger on your lips as your eyes grew at him. He shut his mouth then his shoulders cave in.

"Wow. You really got it hard." He mumbles to himself as he slowly lie down on the grass. His pair of eyes set on the blue sky.

"Why are you even memorizing it? That's like what a crazy person would do." He said, his hair showed his forehead as it spread upward his head.

"Well, Im crazy for him." You said as you gently sit beside him, your legs slightly bended.

"Ugh. Is this it? Is this the moment where shit finally comes out of your mouth?" He groaned.

You rolled you eyes but only to have a smile appear on your lips.

"Oh. He's wearing red again. That's the second time he's worn a red shirt this week." Jimin said as he look at the boy with black wavy hair, his large red shirt hang loosely that says 'Save Me'. His camera was in his hand, the strap slowly swinging.

His steps were big, like he's in a hurry while his face remained innocent and soft. He's face always seemed to portray a kind personality. And truly, Jeon Jungkook was a kind man. You never saw him angry nor sad. He's just like that. Like he was always okay and happy.

Your head tilted slightly as you notice a white notebook in his other hand, a single sunflower was displayed on the middle of the front cover.

"Bet he'll wear a red shirt the day after tomorrow. Anyway, where's the hoe?" Jimin asked as he turn his head on your back, your eyes was still on Jungkook's figure that slowly became smaller every second pass by.

"I dont know. She'll be here in a minute." You said as you slowly lie down, Jimin extended his arm for you to put your head on.

"Park Jimin." You called, you turn to your said to face Jimin. You boop his cute nose with your index figure.

You chuckled as he look at you. "If I wont get married in the future, can you like be my husband?" You asked him.

His brows met. "Bitch, no. There's a reason why I befriended you, you know." He said.

"What reason?" You said as you snuggle on his side.

"Because I want to put you in the safe zone, together with Wendy. You'll always be labeled as a best friend. I dont want to hit on you." He said as he put back his gaze on the clear blue sky.

You stare at the side of his face. Jimin knew how to break hearts like a pro. He'd dump a girl like a plastic doll as soon as he's done with them. And he didn't want you to be just another plastic doll that he'll throw anywhere he would want. He wanted to keep you by his side. Not as a lover but as a friend. Maybe that's why you two never cross the line between friendship and love. Because he didn't want to hurt you.

"That's sad. Guess I'll be growing old alone then." You smiled as you stare at the sky too.

"What made you think that you're not going to marry anyone?" He asked.

"All the other girls my age already had an experience with a boy. Their names got involved with other boy's name. Even Wendy. Nobody liked me. I dont even know what it feels like when somebody confess to you!" You groaned.

Jimin chuckled. "If you only knew how many guys I've threatened just to keep you safe." He mumbled.

You looked at him with round eyes. His plump lips tugged in a smirk. You curled your first and slightly punch his side. "You really want me to grow old alone!"

He laughed. "What's wrong with threatening them? Plus, you like Jungkook now." He said as his laughter died down.

You frowned. "Its not like I'll have him for myself." You whispered to yourself.

"Yo, bitches!" Wendy's voice interrupted the silence. We slowly sit up, her blonde hair shined underneath the sun, her lips coated in a red orange tint as she beam at you.

She threw two bottles of yogurt drink that both of you catched. She then hands you two straws. She sat down on the grass beside you.

"Sup, shorty?" She asked Jimin as she sip her drink. Jimin crinkled his face then he rolled his eyes at Wendy.

"No one to flirt with, blonde?" He threw back as he smirk.

Wendy then showed a smug look on her face. "I actually ate lunch with him today." She said as she smirk back.

"Bet my butt is more handsome than him." Jimin teased and you cant help but laugh. Wendy frowned as she crossed her arm against her chest.

"At least he doesnt stink like your butt." She said as she let out a laugh.

"So you admit that my butt's more handsome?" Jimin laughed as he stick his tongue out at Wendy.

"No!" She spit back. She tried to reach Jimin's arm but failed when Jimin made you his human shield.

"Yah!" You said as you try to dodge Wendy's hand. Jimin only laughed behind you as Wendy growled.

You laughed at your two best friend. You may not be the luckiest to have that many friends but atleast you have these two.

"I will chop your ass off!" She screamed that made other people look at you. Jimin only stuck out his tongue.

"Whatever you say, blonde." He said as he rolled his eyes at Wendy.