Chapter 53 - Hit and Missed

"Please tell me you're not going to break up with me?!" with a teary eye and shaking voice she asked again.

"W-what?! No!"

"Why would I!"

"Oh, thank god!" as if her all her strength leave out her body she collapse on my bed covering her face with her hand her ears seem to be flushed.

"W-what give you that conclusion?"

"S-shut up! I was worried you look so serious leave me alone." She embarrassingly said still covering her face.

"Well, I do think you should go and teach on that island."

She immediately sat back up after hearing that her smile falls away, replaced instead by an odd expression.

"Oh, er...thank you."

"B-but Mina..."

She looks away awkwardly whispering.

"That means that we would end up having a long distance relationship right?"

"Yes..."

Tears fill her eyes.

But she immediately wipes them away.

"At least you're not breaking up with me ehehehe." She said while faking a smile as tears streamed down her face.

Her voice shakes as she speaks.

"If we have to go through the pain and separation involved with a long distance relationship then maybe we should..."

"Have sex before I go..."

I almost fell out of bed when I heard that but hurriedly sit right back up at her side.

She looks surprised as I move in close and take hold of her slim shoulders.

"Are you taking me here and now?"

"W-what? No~!"

"N-no?"

"Yes! I mean no, no I mean not now look Miyoko, listen."

(Jesus Christ I'm going to regret this chance I'm about to slip off)

"W-we don't need to rush, us being in an LDR has no bearing on our relationship, right?"

"But if I go away to live on an island then we can't be together..."

"Yes that might be true but, no matter how far away you are, I will always love you!"

"Mina..."

"You see, Miyoko..."

I gather up my conviction and start to express how I truly feel.

We sit side by side on my bed, and I try to find the right words to say.

"Miyoko i..."

"Y-yes?"

"I have never wavered in wanting for you to realize your dream."

"And I still want that."

"And that's why I told you to go."

"But I failed to see how you were really feeling about it."

"How I was feeling?"

I pause barely, then continue.

"Well...up on the hill...I saw you crying."

"You were there?!"

"Yes..."