Chapter Forty - Our World

Song of the chapter - no promises (slowed down)

Seven years later

Blair

"Rosita have you seen Grace?" I asked her as she was training some new kids. I've been trying to find Grace for about half an hour now. "No I'm sorry. I'm sure I seen her about twenty minutes ago running around here somewhere." She answered and I sighed deeply. "Thank you. I'll check inside again." I thanked her and walked back to the inside trying to hear for her somewhere. 

I searched the downstairs for her but there's no sign of her anywhere. Suddenly I heard laughing coming from upstairs. I scoffed and quickly ran upstairs, following the sounds of laughter from two kids. I opened the door and seen Maggie sitting on the chair with Grace and Hershel playing together.

"Mommy!" I shut the door behind me and Grace jumped up from the ground, running over to me. I picked her up, hugging her as close as I could. "Please tell me where you go next time?" "I will." She spoke and I kissed her blonde hair. I put her down and she ran to sit on the ground, playing with Hershel again. 

"Sorry I thought she told you she was coming here." "It's okay, really. I know Hershel can get lonely since he's the only young boy here." I said to Maggie and she smiled at them both on the ground. Hershel is younger than Grace but she usually has Judith to play with since they are both near the same age. 

"We've done well... haven't We?" Maggie asked as she clamped her hands around the coffee cup, leaning forward in her chair. I looked up at her and smirked, looking back down at the kids. "We Have. I don't think anyone can tell us any better, y'know?" I said and she nodded, taking a big sigh.

"I thought it would be harder being a single mom but... It's like I'm more stronger than before." Maggie spoke and I stared at her knowing she was right. Maggie is much stronger than she was before. She and I have known our priorities since the kids were born. 

Even though a lot has happened through the past seven years, like my dad getting locked up and having a few different camps now. We've made it. We made it through them years. "Listen I know... I know you don't agree with Rick and what he's doing with negan but you need to know he's doing it for me... and you can too." I spoke and she done nothing but stare at the kids.

I knew I was asking a lot off of her because of negan murdering Glenn but I needed her to trust me on this. "I could never forgive him. None of us ca-" "-and none of us will. I know what's happening is wrong and getting out of hand but... All I can say is I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you through any of this."

Maggie looked up at me and smiled sadly. I knew she was the most kind hearted person but she needed to know what all of this was for. "I know. I think I'm going to put Hershel down for a nap." I nodded and stood up as Maggie picked up her son from the ground.

"Come on. Hershel is going for a nap. We should probably go see uncle Daryl anyway." Grace picked her hat up from the ground which is Carl's and held onto my hand. "Bye auntie Maggie." "Goodbye sweetheart." Maggie kisses Grace on the cheek and we walked out of the building and down to the horses.

"Do you think I'll be able to go play with my horse?" I smiled down at Grace as she tried to skip along the path down to the stables. "I'm sure if Mel is there you can." I spoke up and she giggled to herself. I flipped my wrist over to check the time and it worried me because Carl was supposed to be back about half an hour ago.