xxxv| Nuptialem

"Baby we're just reckless kids, tryna find an island in the flood."

triginta quinque

triginta quinque.

nuptialem

A marriage ceremony, especially considered as including the associated celebrations.

════════

One year later...

I WAS CAREFUL NOT TO SMUDGE MY LIPSTICK AS I STOOD IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR, TRYING TO STAY STILL IN MY RIDICULOUSLY HIGH HEELS.

I took a deep breath, taking in my entire appearance; this is as good as it was going to get.

My hair was loosely curled, falling past my shoulders as half of it was pinned up. My makeup was done too, although I wasn't wearing much, it was enough to appear in the pictures. My red dress fell loose on my body as I struggled to pull the zip up the whole way, instead waiting for Chase to get my text and help me out.

I was lucky that Olivia wasn't a bitch and chose a nice bridesmaid dress, because there was only so much my insecurities could handle and an ugly dress really crossed that line.

"What the emergency?" Chase asked, entering his own bedroom and making sure to close the door behind him. He looked handsome, as always, wearing his tuxedo with a skinny black tie. Already dressed.

"I'm struggling to get the zip up," I explained to him, not turning around but watching him from his own mirror. As he entered, I placed the necklace I always wore around my neck, struggling to keep the dress on my shoulders.

Chase chuckled, stepping unreasonably close to me. He rested his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my stomach, and I instinctively leaned against him. "Or I could take it off completely," he whispered slowly in my ear

I stepped away from him, turning so I could look at him with a unamused look, "you really want to have sex a whole hour before your brother's wedding, best man?" I asked in disbelief.

He shrugged, a small smirk playing on his lips, "think of what we could do in a whole hour."

I rolled my eyes, "it literally took me two hours to get this hair and makeup done, so no way." Once again, I turned around and waited for him to zip me up, and this time he complied.

I turned back around to face him, moving my hair in front of my shoulders and smoothing my dress out. "You look great, by the way," I said to him, looking at him through the mirror.