{10} I AM GOODE HIGH SCHOOL'S OFFICIAL TOUR GUIDE {10}

Sunday, 4-22-18

Sunday was a very calm, relaxed day. I slept in until almost eleven. When I did force myself out from my warm covers, my mom had made me breakfast. I happily ate my eggs, toast, and bacon without thinking about much other than how good it tasted.

I spent the majority of the afternoon listening to music and discovering songs that I had never heard. Around five o'clock, I heard a light knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I called.

"It's Paul, can I come in?"

"Sure."

He opened the door and entered. I sat up on my bed and gestured for him to sit.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly concerned. Don't get me wrong, I really loved Paul, but we didn't typically just have chats in my bedroom.

"I have a few things to say. First of all, I'm actually very proud of you and your improvement. I know it's only been a few days studying with Annabeth, but I can tell she's very good for you."

I smiled. "Yeah, I appreciate her."

Paul nodded. "Well, make sure you keep doing these homework dates, they are very beneficial. Beside that, I have a request for you."

"Oh boy," I sighed.

He chuckled. "It shouldn't be difficult. There's a new girl coming to school tomorrow. You know on a personal level how difficult it was to be the new kid, so I want you to take her under your wing. And before you make any assumptions, remember that she is a sophomore - like you - coming to a new school for the last semester - like you have countless times."

I closed my eyes and thought for a moment. "How long would I need to be with her? Just until she gets comfortable here?"

"Yeah, probably. But don't think of it as a task or a mission, think of it as a personal kindness from you to her."

"Sure, whatever. She starts tomorrow, you say? Where will I find her?"

"Just meet her at the main entrance, ten minutes before the first bell. I won't mark you tardy if you end up late for my class. Just give her a small tour, get to know her a bit, and make sure you act friendly."

"Alright. Hey, is dinner almost ready?"

He grinned. "Yep. It's hamburgers tonight."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 4-23-18

I set my alarm ten minutes early, so on Monday morning I woke up very grumpy. I let myself lay there for a minute, before jumping out of bed and running to the kitchen.

"Morning, Mom," I said.

"Hey, Perce! Do you want some breakfast?"

"I'll just have cereal. I've got it, though."

I ate my Captain Crunch kind of fast, and quickly washed my dishes. I took off to my bedroom and searched for a presentable outfit. I didn't want to scare the new girl by showing up in a biker's outfit, now did I?

I eventually decided on a pair of plain, medium wash jeans and a green tee shirt. I looked in the mirror we had in the bathroom and attempted to make my hair tame, but it hardly cooperated. I usually let the dark strands fall however they wanted to. That day, I tried to style it and it ended up looking exactly the same as usual, if not worse.

I sighed, giving up. I glanced at the clock and almost swore. It was later than I had expected.

I rushed to the door, bag strewn over my shoulder. I shoved my black high top Converse on and rushed out the door, shouting, "Bye!"