21

"oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!" leyla says over and over again, shaking. "are you serious!!" luke laughs and gets out of the car. leyla stays sat down trying to calm her nerves.

"come on, babe, we got to head in!" luke says, opening the car door and stretching out his hand for her to take. she takes it and gets out, following behind like. "luke hemmings." luke says to the security man on the door who speaks into his walkie talkie before letting them in.

luke leads leyla down a series of long corridors before stopping by one of the doors.

"now don't freak out, okay?" luke laughs, opening the door and walking in. sat on the sofa, alone, was harry styles with a guitar. leyla tried her hardest to stay calm.

"luke! it's so great to see you again!" harry says, giving luke a hug before turning to leyla. "leyla, right? im harry." harry smiles and gives leyla a quick hug.

"i know. i mean, uh, nice to meet you." she stuttered out, causing both luke and harry to chuckle.

"come sit! do you want a drink? oh and happy birthday, leyla!" harry says all at once.

"thank you." she says quietly, still beyond nervous. she sits herself down next to luke and he puts an arm around her shoulders whilst asking for a beer. "ill have a cider please." harry handed the two of them their drinks.

"now, tell me this babe, why didn't you freak out when you met me? but you did with the boys?" luke smirks, making leyla go red in the face.

"i uh, it was different." leyla stuttered, fiddling with her cider can. luke laughed and left it at that, trying not to embarrass leyla anymore.

the three of them talked for a couple of hours until harry had to get ready for the show and leyla and luke needed to head to their seats.

"what if we're spotted?" leyla asks, just before they head into the arena that was already filled up, as you could tell by the screams.

"it'll be fine ley, trust me! if we are spotted then let it be, you're my best friend and if the fans don't agree with that then they're not good fans. it'll be fine, okay?" luke reassures her. leyla nodded and they walk in, luke ahead. they're seated near the top in a more empty area. "excited?"

"very!" leyla smiles.

the lights dimmed and the crowd screen and soon enough harry was on stage singing. leyla and luke sang along, singing to each other at some points.

they last song came around quick and everyone sang along to sign of the times. luke came up behind leyla and wrapped his arms around her waist, his heading resting on top of hers. she leant back and rested her head on his chest, singing along.

- - -

5sosupdates
luke is at the harry styles concert tonight with a mystery girl! (picture attached)
76 retweets | 167 likes
17 Apr 18 9:36pm

5soslife
@ 5sosupdates who is she? are they dating?
0 retweets | 8 likes
17 Apr 18 9:37pm

lukehem
who's this girl luke is with?
6 retweets | 17 likes
17 Apr 18 9:37pm

lukehihello
it's @ fivesauceloveee !!
5 retweets | 32 likes
17 Apr 18    9:38pm

- - -

leyla and luke were on the way back to to the hotel as she read through the tweets where she was tagged multiple times in tweets about the two of them. a couple of pictures were up too - one of luke holding her from behind, during the last song and others where they were smiling at each other.

"l-luke." leyla stuttered. luke looked over concerned. "they know luke, there's pictures of us all over the internet."

"crap, im sorry ley. but for now it's best to ignore it, okay? let them think what they want for now." luke says, placing his hand her thigh to comfort her.

"are you sure?" leyla asks, logging out of twitter before her phone blows up.

they get back to the hotel and head up to leyla's room. once in luke pulls her in for a big hug and whispers sorry in her ear.

"it's okay luke, thank you for the best birthday ever!" she smiles, pulling away.

"you're so welcome." he smiles back, tucking her hair behind her ear. she looks at the bed and sees two boxes wrapped in wrapping paper.

"where did those come from?" she asks, walking over.

"they're from me and the boys." luke laughs, sitting beside her on the bed. leyla opens up the first box and inside is a signed 5sos cd, a 5sos poster, a 5sos phone case and some 5sos phone cases. leyla laughs. "that's a joke present, the next one is the main one. she opens up that one and inside is a photo of the 5 of them from the meet and greet and a locket.

"luke, it's so pretty, thank you so much! and tell the boys thank you too!" she exclaims, hugging luke.

"of course!"

"ive never had such a good birthday, luke." she says, still sat in his arms. he tucks her hair behind her ear once again and looks down at her lips, biting his own. catching her off guard, he presses his lips to hers. she kisses back, her hands moving up to his hair, fingers running through it. she soon pulls away and rests her head on his chest, too scared to say anything.

leyla has fallen hard for this boy but was terrified to start something. what if they didn't work out? what if they broke up? they're relationship would be ruined. she finally had someone great in her life that meant the world to her and she wanted more but she didn't want to compromise their friendship.

luke held her in his arms, not sure what to do next. he took a risk and by her reaction it seemed to work out but he was scared he had rushed it or it wasn't what she wanted.