The Goblet of Fire 🔥

(Y/N) sat down at the gryffindor table next to Hermione surprisingly. However he might as well sat next to nobody as she just flat out ignored him. Everytime he tried to strike a conversation with her she would act like she couldn't hear him or slam open her books. Little did he know it was killing her on the inside.

Feeling eyes on him, (Y/N) turned to see Fleur. Immediately, Fleur looked down at the wooden table and a pink tint came across her cheeks. She twiddled with her thumbs and (Y/N) knew what she was thinking. (Y/N) wasn't as dense as people of the wizarding world thought. He knew when someone liked or was attracted to him. He THOUGHT Hermione liked him but he guesses he was wrong. (How wrong he is)

"Now...the moment you've all been waiting for...the champion selection!!"

As soon as Dumbledore said that, the chatter instantly went away. The Headmaster lifted his wand and pointed towards all the flames that were lit to express light. He dimmed them all with a slow yet simple wave, making some smile.

Dumbledore then walked over to the glowing goblet and touched it tenderly before stepping back. Suddenly, the Goblet's blue flames lit red for a short time before shooting out a piece of paper and he caught it in mid air.

The paper smoked in Dumbledore's frail hands. The Great Hall was silent anticipation racking in their heads. Dumbledore looked at the paper briefly before lifting his head up and looking around.

"The Durmstrang Champion is...VIKTOR KRUM," Dumbledore Boomed.

The Durmstrang section all cheered as the face of their school was chosen. Predictably he was one of the worlds top seekers and the most popular of Durmstrang. How did (Y/N) know this ? Well while (Y/N) has been passing through the couple of days Harry and Ron have been keeping him up to date on what has been happening. Dumbledore caught another paper in his hand that sprouted from the Goblet.

"The Champion for Beauxbatons....is Fleur Delacour."

The Ravenclaw table,which was filled with Beuxbatons, all clapped and cheered as Fleur stood with a confident smile.

(Y/N) looked at Fleur with a curious expression. What was her power ? He knew what type of power it was, Alluring boys. How did she get it ? Was she born with it ? Was she given the power ? Or did she have to work for it ? Did she even want it ?

Fleur looked at (Y/N) and gave him a soft smile. However,once he smiled back she blushed and turned towards Dumbledore. Fleur shook the Headmasters hand and walked away down to the champion's room with Viktor.

(Y/N) suddenly felt a heavy force land on his foot and held in a yelp. He turned towards Hermione who was still looking towards the goblet. However, a small form of satisfaction was in her eyes.

'that's IT', (Y/N) thought 'I'm gonna have to talk to her about this.'

Dumbledore finally caught the last piece of smoldering paper in his hands.

"The Hogwarts Champion is....Cedric Diggory!!"

The whole school of Hogwarts cheered his name, except the Slytherins who continued to clap politely. Cedric walked over with a confident smile on his face and a red tint on his cheeks from the attention. People patted his back as he walked by. It was safe to say Cedric was one of the most popular kids of the Hogwarts school. As people settled down Dumbledore boomed his voice again.

"Excellent!! We now have our three champions!!!...but in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions,this vessel of victory...the Triwizard cup!!"

Suddenly a glowing 'cup' was unveiled from a blanket of covering. However as that was being unveiled and celebrated something was...off. Everyone turned toward the Goblet of Fire to see that it was expressing energy and was flaming about. The flame turned red and then black. It spouted out two pieces of paper.

Shocked Dumbledore let both pieces fall into his hand. Looking at the normal piece of paper his eyes grew a little however looking at the black piece of paper his eyes were practically popping.

"Harry Potter...and (Y/N) Black."

You could hear a pin drop in the Great Hall. Everyone was silent as if He who must not be named walked in and stripped. Everyone turned towards the two boys sitting across from each other. Harry had a look of shock. After all he went through he still has to go through more. (Y/N) however had a look of confusion. Why was he chosen ? He didn't put his name in the cup, and this was a tournament meant to kill so....who wants him dead ? Why ?

Hermione hit (Y/N)'s shoulder which caused him to snap out of his stupor. He stood, as Harry did as well. Everyone looked at them with anger or confusion. Harry and (Y/N) looked at each other as they made it to Dumbledore. It was like they had a mental conversation.

'do you know anything about this Harry ?'

'no i thought you did'

They made it to Dumbledore who had a look of worry on his face. (Y/N) looked at the paper with his name on it. It was very weird. It was a black piece of paper with his name written in silver elegant ink.

With the great hall still silent the duo made it to the back room. Their nerves racking at their veins. However while Harry was nervous, (Y/N) was.....enraged.