Arc 5.12 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Thankfully, Hua Shen still had a sense of decency and washed Li Feifei's body and her mouth when she was sleeping.

When Li Feifei opened her eyes the next morning, she already knew that her devil was long gone from the bed.

"Liu Yi," she called out, not surprised at how hoarse her voice was.

"Yes, gongzhu?" As opposed to her normally energetic replies, the little maidservant timidly called out from the other side of the room's door.

Liu Yi already knew that Hua's emperor was no longer in the room with her princess, but she didn't think she would be able to meet Li Feifei's eyes without blushing furiously--especially after knowing what went on the previous night. In fact, she was already flushed just hearing how raspy Li Feifei's voice was when calling her name earlier.

Thus, she stayed outside the room even after she saw the taller man walking out earlier that morning.

He had also ordered her to make sure her princess got plenty of rest on his way out of the Second Princess's palace.

Unaware of the innocent maid's thoughts, Li Feifei ignored the slight pain in her jawbone, "Come in and help this princess get ready for the day."

"...yes, gongzhu," Liu Yi walked in with her head bowed, too embarrassed to look at her princesses appearance after having been pampered all night.

Li Feifei just dismissed the girl's antics as being silly.

Given that she was going to leave for Hua the following day, she knew that they were going to be busy preparing for such a rushed departure. Hence the reason Hua Shen had gone out so early.

As for her four maidservants, they were sure to come along in order to keep her company as fellow Li citizens so that she wouldn't feel "lonely" in a foreign kingdom.

Not that she would ever feel lonely, especially with her devil constantly keeping her company--and later on, her little baby.

And, the only maidservant she bothered to remember of the four was Liu Yi, as the other three weren't as expressive and distinguishable.

When Liu Yi dressed her up and put up her hair, Li Feifei didn't have to worry about exposing the lacerations on her wrists as Hua Shen had used some sort of item to miraculously heal everything. Her wrists were now perfectly flawless and smooth as if she hadn't been roped up the previous night.

But just because they didn't exist anymore didn't mean she'd ever let him tie her up again. Even if it was a punishment, that kind of treatment was uncalled for. All she did was play around and she didn't even do much else aside from ogling some eye candy and accidentally fondling another woman's breasts.

They were both women, though, so she really didn't understand why Hua Shen had to overreact so much. Well, she kind of did after he complained to her in the carriage ride back to the palace. He was probably just mad that she made him cry, so he retaliated by making her cry too.

How childish.

After she was done getting ready, Li Feifei took Liu Yi with her to the morning court once more.

Since she woke up late, the court session was almost over by the time she arrived.

Emperor Li was seated on his dragon throne at the very top with Hua Shen not too far below to his left as a show of respect of being in the other's kingdom as well as Li Yunzhi being his future father-in-law.

Below Hua Shen and to Li Yunzhi's right was Li Yun, the Crown Prince, and slightly below Li Yun was Li Hao, who had been able to attend court ever since the problems within the royal family had been resolved. The Fourth Prince, Li Luo who was only five, sat obediently beside Li Hao, who was responsible for explaining the things that his younger brother didn't understand.