Arc 5.15 Empress of Four Kingdoms

""Greetings to the Emperor and Empress!""

Everyone in the hall ceased their previous murmuring and talks as they stood and bent their backs and knees accordingly. As opposed to the other officials who were more humble in their approach, Hua Shen, Long Zheng, Li Hao, and Li Yun only lowered their heads slightly while their backs remained straight.

"Forgo the formalities. Let the party officially begin," Emperor Li generously waved and allowed everyone to rise from their bowed positions as he declared the start of the farewell banquet.

The Royal Family were seated above the officials and their families, giving off a sense of alienation and estrangement due to the vast difference in power and status. Though it wasn't particularly against protocol for those below to come up and talk to the Royals, none wanted to be the first especially so soon.

The banquet was like a buffet and a free-for-all where the guests were not confined to their appointed spots. In fact, if they so wished, they didn't have to eat at all and could just mingle and walk around to form connections. The ladies still had to conform to the customs and maintain propriety but as long as they were not alone they could speak to their male counterparts freely.

Thus, the venue was quite lively below.

As for those seated above where the Royals sat, Li Hao's concubine mother glared incessantly at Li Hao for failing her expectations while the other Imperial Concubine attended to her son and acted as if she were free from all worldly affairs.

Li Hao acted as if he didn't notice his mother's disappointment, but Bai Ping knew he was upset so she consoled him by reaching under the table and grasping his hand with hers. He visibly regained some vitality and couldn't help himself from harassing her with his sneaky hands underneath the table, "hidden" from the stares of the surrounding people.

But Li Feifei, Li Yun, Hua Shen, Emperor Li, the Empress, and Long Zheng all knew what was going on.

Li Yun sighed and pretended to not have noticed anything amiss as he retained his gentle smile and aloof manner.

Long Zheng had no feelings for Bai Ping in this timeline, and he had almost no close interaction with Li Hao either. As this royal couple with no ambition had no appeal to him, his attention remained focused on Li Feifei.

Emperor Li rested his own hot palm on his Empress's thigh over her thick layers of clothing whilst maintaining the regal aura of a monarch. Only they knew that he and the Empress were thinking that the apple surely did not fall far from the tree.

Hua Shen saw that this brother-in-law had some game. He approved and didn't want to lose, slipping his hand between the slit of his wife's attire and directly caressing her smooth thigh with his coarse hand.

As he was the one who had personally designed the gown, how could he not know every inch and gaps hidden within?

In response, Li Feifei purposefully and inconspicuously rubbed her body on his rising member with a soft smile while staring straight ahead as if merely appreciating a scenic view of nature.

Shame?

That word simply did not belong in the dictionary of this Royal Family.

It wasn't as if anyone below them aside from Long Zheng had taken notice of the rising sexual tension above anyway.

Distressed by her teasing, Hua Shen called out to her with a low and restrained voice by her ear, "Baby, don't push your luck."

001 robotically sneered before quieting down again.