Chapter 8

A/N:Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, Loki, or any recognizable people, places, or things. These belong to Marvel and J. K. Rowling! Thanks for reading!

Haraldr, or Harry as he was going by now, had decided to name the snake Jörmungandr after one of his father's sons in Norse mythology. Of course, the legends weren't actually true and this was a good way to make fun of his dad. Today was the day that he left for Hogwarts and he was double checking that he had everything. Jörmungandr was wrapped around his neck and his suitcase was fully packed. Just as he was about to leave to room, his dad walked in.

"I have another present for you," Loki said as he walked in. He pulled a ring out of his pocket and showed it to Harry. It was silver with a green gem that seemed to glow in the middle. The band was covered in runes for luck and protection and the stone shone with otherworldly light. He handed it over to Harry and spoke again.

"If you say ieovwn the ring will turn into a dagger. Use it when you are in danger."

"Thank you, father! I will miss you very much."

"I would hope so," Loki replied, smirking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at Kings Cross at 10:30 so they had half an hour to spare in case of any issues. The train ticket given to them was for platform 9 and 3/4, a platform that didn't exist. Pacing back and forth between platforms 9 and 10, Loki sensed something coming from one of the columns. There was magic radiating from it and Loki put his hand against it or at least tried to. Instead of touching the column, his hand went through it.

"Haraldr! I've found the entrance!"

Haraldr went over to Loki and asked where it was. Instead of answering, Loki pushed Haraldr into the column. Haraldr braced himself for an impact that never came. He stumbled out onto the other side of the column in an area filled with witches and wizards. There was a red steam engine on the tracks with the words "Hogwarts Express" on the side. Because they arrived early, all the time they wasted searching for the platform did not make them late. Instead, there were about five minutes until the train left. Haraldr and Loki said their goodbyes and Haraldr headed to the train. On his way, he heard a family of redheads talking.

"Make sure to sit with him on the train. We need to befriend him so we can get his money." The mother was talking to what looked like the youngest son who looked excited and a little unsure. There was also a pair of identical twins that looked upset. Haraldr extended his mind towards them and found out that they didn't want any part in this scheme.

"How do I get in his compartment?" the son asked.

"Say the others are full. Now run along Ron." The mother shoved him towards the train and the twins shook their heads and left.

Haraldr went to sit on the train as far away from the boy named Ron as possible. He hated people who only wanted to use him for his fame and money. He had experienced plenty of people like that when he was spending time with the Avengers. When he found a compartment he shut the door and warded it so he could spend the ride in silence. Pulling out one of his books on Ancient Runes, he settled in for what was sure to be a long ride.

A/N: I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short but I felt that the feast and sorting should be in a chapter of its own. Next time is going to be the arrival at Hogwarts. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! Happy Thanksgiving!