What do you see? (ALTERNATE STORY)

(okay, you all remember when (y/n) held the idol. this is alternate, varian went with rapunzel, and (Y/n) took the blame. THIS IS SEEN FROM HIS POINT OF VIEW.)

Stuck on an Island, never wanted to be there in the first place. Varian was walking around, hating everything and missing the one person who made him happy. She had pleaded with King Fredrick, sacrificing herself to go to jail and let Varian go free. He never got the chance to thank her, he remember her blowing him a kiss as she was led away in chains.

He was now on his way back to the group, only to see them fighting. He  raised an eyebrow seeing the item they fought over. 

"Uhhh what the heck are you doing?" he asked them and they all looked at him holding the item. Rapunzel snatched it and laughed running away only for Varian to snatch it away. "my god its just a little statue. Whats the big deal?" he asked looking it over. 

"we see what makes us happy! give it back!" shouted Rapunzel. He dodged and looked at it.

"What makes you happy huh?" he asked as his turned sad. "I guess I wont be happy? huh?" he asked rhetorically.

"Varian? Son?" said a deep voice, Varians eyes went wide. turning to see his dad. 

"Dad?"  he asked weakly, only for a female figure to come out from behind him. Hair in a bun and bright blue eyes. "Mom" he said tearing running and hugging the plants which held His parents illusions. "dad I'm sorry...." he said crying. 

"Son We all make mistakes. But I am proud of you...you're still trying to be good." Quirin said smiling. Varians mother smiled as well, tears running down her cheeks.

"We are so proud of you Varian." his mother said causing more tears to flood his eyes.  Rapunzel and the rest were in shock, not that much but for Varian all he wanted was the family he lost.

"I miss you both...and..." he said not even able to say (y/n) name.

"Oh Varian I miss you too." said Familar voice, he looked and saw his best friend, standing in a beautiful wedding dress, holding a bouquet of roses. Her hair was down with a veil covering her face.

"(Y/n)?" he asked, causing her to smile.

"Do you think I make a beautiful bride Varian?" she asked blushing as he moved, to another plant, removing her veil.

"(Y/n) you would be the most beautiful bride to ever walk down the isle." he said smiling and still tearing. She raised her hand to touch his cheek, only for him not to her touch.

"Varian, we aren't real....I know this world has scarred you...and that you wish I am by your side. But life isn't perfect...This idol makes you see things...that aren't real." she said wisely. She always was the voice of reason. 

"But I don't think I can let go of this idol...if I see the 3 people who I need to see. Especially you! I can't do this (Y/n)!" he said crying. Rudiger rushed to him to his shoulder and attempted to dry his tears.

"Varian...you can do this. Do this, for Quirin...Rudiger...me...but happiness isn't an object...its the memories we share, the love that we have. Varian...you can do this. I believe in you." the illusion of (Y/n) smiled, causing Varian to sob. 

"But what if I do fail? Never free dad? NEVER GET YOU OUT OF PRISON?!" he asked panicked and she smiled.

"What if You succeed? Free your father then see me walking down the isle ready to marry you. Varian I have never stopped believing in you." she smiled, causing the illusions of Quirin and Varians mother to walk up next to her.

"We won't ever stop loving you Varian." said his mother.

"And We are so proud of you." said his dad with a gentle smile. Varian smiled at that, crying stil but looked at the idol.

"Happiness isn't this idol. its the memories we shared and the love that we have." he said before dropping it to the ground, causing his mother to disappear, then his dad and last (y/n) who teared at him, before Vanishing. He cried hardest at this but stomped the idol, breaking in.

He tried to wipe his eyes of his tears, only to turn and see the group crying for him.

"Oh stop it! You all saw what made you happy." he said before running off, sitting in the tree watching the sunset in the distance. He sighed, still crying.

"I love you (Y/n), I hope that you do feel the same." he said crying as he watched the sun sink before the waves.

(OMG IM CRYING AT THIS ONE! IM SOBBING AT MY OWN WRITING.!!!! SOMEONE GIVE ME A HUUUUUUUUUUUG)