Chapter 26

October 26th 6:00 AM
(You)
For the second sunrise in a row, I wake up to the beginnings of the sun shining in my face as I lie in a bed that belongs to a demon boy. I smile remembering  yesterday. I turn around to look at Jack but when I do, he isn't there. He must've gotten up already, I think to myself. I rise with the star burning in the sky, only just waking up as I am.
    I walk to the mirror to fix myself before feeling confident enough to walk downstairs.
    Once I'm done I walk across the white marble floors to the doorway that leads outside the room and into the hallway. I turn right and onto the balcony but immediately pause when I see a face, or lack of one, I wasn't expecting down in the kitchen. Jack stands between the sink and the fridge while the one whom I've come to know as Slender man stands on the opposite side of the counter with his hands behind his back. "Good morning child." he says as he looks up at me.
    "Good morning." I reply.
    "I see you've grown closer with Jack since the last time I saw you."
    I blush at the remark. Giving a nervous smile, I begin to walk down the stairs and towards Slender. I sit in a chair to the right of him while Jack stays across from us. A silence hangs in the air as all three of us fidget under the tension.
   "(Y/n), child," Slender says, "there is something we need to discuss."
"Yeah?" I ask. He looks to Jack as if asking him to continue. When he realizes it, Jack perks up and steels himself.
"We need to take you," he pauses, "home." I look at him with confusion.
"You just took me from my home. I thought this was home. Now you're saying I have another home?" I almost yell.
"It's more or less my home too. And Jeff's, and Ben's, and Tim's, and everyone else." I feel more confused than ever as I look between Jack and Slender man. Jack then walks around the counter and stands next to Slender.
"It's like an HQ. With all the rumors and prophecies and shit going around, it might be your home too." Jack explains. "Besides, if all the war stuff is happening, you're going to need to have everybody fighting with you. Zalgo grows stronger by the day. He should've never been able to even leave the dark pit he came from.
This would be a silent war between worlds. The only things and people aware of it happening would be Zalgo and his people and Slender and his people. But every living thing on this planet would feel the effects if Zalgo wins."
I bring my gaze down to the floor. I hear footsteps walking towards me and Jack's gray hand touches my (s/c) one. I look up at him and his eyes are soft with a smile to match. I look at Slender who stands motionless behind him with his hands behind his back.
"When do we need to leave?" I ask.
"No later than noon." Slender replies. I nod in response. I look to the fridge. Fine, but I'm eating first, I think to myself. Slender's voice then appears in my head. Whenever you are ready. I jump at the sudden noise. Usually his voice seems to come from around me. Not in my head.

7:45 AM
I finish eating and put my dishes in the sink. Slender turned around from looking into the woods and Jack gets up from the couch. "Are you ready?" Slender asks. I nod my head to confirm. Slender takes my left hand and Jack takes my right and I close my eyes.
The feeling was similar to the portal, but I felt nauseous as static filled my head.
When my eyes open, I'm standing in grass. I look up and to my right, a mansion greets me. It looks like it could collapse at any given moment. Jack seems to read my mind because he puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine." he says. I look forward as Slender man begins to walk towards the door. He opens it and from where I stand, the inside matches the outside. I begin to walk and Jack follows.
When I stop at the door, Slender looks at me curiously. I steel myself and walk but as I pass through the doorway, everything changes. The floor is dark hardwood and the cathedral ceiling makes me feel small and the crystal chandelier gives the touch of elegance. A red couch sits on my right with a black rug in front of it while the tv is to the left. The room looks like it's the living area. A staircase lies a few feet beyond the tv and past a door that leads somewhere I don't know. A spiral staircase stands next to the other and is seemingly pointless. Next to that on the first floor was a hall going straight and then turning into a corridor going both ways. Jack, Slender man, and I stand in the middle of the living room in silence.
Suddenly, a little girl with emerald eyes comes from the door preceding the stairs. Her long brown hair shines beautifully. She wears a pink nightgown and white socks folded over with lace at the ends. She comes out slowly and looks at the three of us in the living area. "It's okay Sally, come on out." Jack says. The little girl addressed as Sally looks to be about 8. She timidly makes her way towards Slender man and hides behind his legs. I laugh and attempt to make her comfortable by getting to her level and saying 'hi'.
We stand there and I'm about to say something when I hear a soft sound. I listen and it progressively gets louder and louder. It's coming from the corridors. The closer it gets the more it starts to sound like a horse galloping. Running. That's people running! I take a defensive stance until I see Jeff round the corner or the lower level, followed by Toby. Tim and Brian come from the second story. Both levels then fill with faces I've never seen before. People with odd skin colors like blue or the same gray as Jack. They all freeze at the sight of me with the exception of the boys I've already met. More seem come from seemingly no where and surround me. The boys all dog pile on top of me and laugh. Just as suddenly as it started, it stopped. Slender man's previously hidden tentacles pull them off and I'm able to stand again. The boys stand behind me and in front as Slender man looks around. "My children," he says, his stentorian voice echoes throughout the house, "we have much to discuss. Yes, it involves the unfamiliar girl at my side."