Chapter 49

Winter's POV

As time went on, the sun started to fall. We all went inside to have dinner, and as we all start to get our food there was a knock on the door. 

"I got it, everyone get your food and go to the dining room." They all listened, even Veronica. When I opened the door, I smiled at my boys. "Everyone is grabbing food, feel free to do the same." I smiled at the both who held begrudging looks. Each one kissed me as they entered. We were all soon in the dining room, eating our dinner.

"So, how was your trip?" Veronica asked all of a sudden, quieting the room down.

"Roni, I'm sure they don't want to talk about it." Parker stated calmly, maybe her potion wasn't working strong enough. He had distance between them, probably at her failed attempt to mark him unwillingly. 

"Parker, I think they should. They've been gone for months and now all of a sudden they're back. I'd like to know how the trip went and I'm sure others would too." She snapped at him. Kaine gripped my thigh gently, calming me down. A knock on the door made me finally speak.

"I'll get it." I excused myself and went to the door. When I opened it, there stood my surprise and Issy. We walked to the dining room, but I entered and they stayed back. "I actually have a surprise for everyone, since I did leave this area. It's going to be amazing, and Veronica, you'll like it too." Everyone looked up at me confused. I left this part out. "Come on," I said and took Issy's hand which lead the surprise in. The group smiled and welcomed both of the people, Veronica looked like she saw a ghost. 

"Hello." Mrs.Landry spoke with a smile as she entered, making eye contact with everyone but Veronica. "I'm Heather Landry, nice to meet you all." She had healed quite well from her wounds. 

"As in, Veronica's mom?" Parker asked confused. Beck and Olly looked at Veronica in shock. "You said she had died." He looked at Veronica in shock. "You lied."

"She does that, nasty little habit of hers." Mrs.Landry put two bottles on the table and Veronica was panicking. 

"What are those?" Beck said in confusion.

"Oh these little things?" She smiled and looked at her daughter. "Parker dear, do have two like these at home?" He nodded in absolute confusion. Veronica was getting angry and snapped.

"Shut up mother! You're ruining it all!" Now that was a give away. 

"You see, on my venture 'home' I found some things out. One of them being, Issy?" I looked at her and she smiled like she was happy to say this.