Nosey Nancy

Steve was standing next to Nancy and Jonathan, they were talking but, he wasn’t really paying attention. Instead he was trying to think of ways he could talk to you. Steve hadn’t noticed yet but, you were walking towards them. Steve heard your voice and he snapped back into focus.

You were giving Nancy her notes back, Nancy and Jonathan noticed how Steve was just staring at you. So, when you left they asked him about it.

“Steve, why were you staring at Y/N like that?” Steve blushed slightly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Nance.” He turned around to walk away but, Nancy pulled him back by the hood of his jacket.

“Not so fast, Harrington. You know what I’m talking about. Do you like her?” Nancy got louder the more excited she got.

“Nancy, if I answer you will you whisper?” Nancy nodded her head quickly, she could be so nosey. Steve let out a deep sigh.

“Okay, yeah I like her, I don’t see why that concerns you though.” Steve tried to walk away again but, Nancy and Jonathan caught up to him.

“It concerns me because, Y/N is one of my dear friends, and you are also a friend of mine.”

Steve raised an eyebrow at her, he still didn’t understand what she was trying to get at. Nancy shared a look with Jonathan before she continued.

“And I think you two would be perfect for each other. That’s why you having a crush on her concerns me.” Steve shook his head.

“You don’t know if she likes me back.”

“Actually Steve, she might have told Jonathan and I that she thinks that you are, in her words, ‘super duper attractive’, she’s also seen you around Hawkins with Dustin and she thinks it’s cute how you hang out with him.” Steve couldn’t believe what he was hearing, Jonathan saw the disbelief on his face so, he told Steve that what he was hearing was true and that they wouldn’t mess with him like that.

“Okay, so, what do I do now? I barely know her wouldn’t it be weird if I asked her out? I mean we’re not really friends.”

After hearing this Nancy and Jonathan started thinking of ways they could get you to go on a date with Steve. They came to a conclusion, they would have you go on a blind date. Nancy told Steve that she would talk to you about the date later today, she would tell you to go to the diner at 7.

The rest of the day seemed to go on for forever. It was like time knew that Steve had a date tonight, and it was purposely going slower. When the final bell rang, he ran out of the school. It was 4:30, which meant that Steve only had 2 and a half hours to get ready.

After showering, getting dressed and doing his hair, he checked the time, the clock read 6:45. He had 15 minutes to get to the diner, the diner was about 10 minutes away from his house. He put on his shoes and left.

He got to the diner and sat in a booth next to the window, that way he could see when you arrived. 5 minutes had passed, and then he saw you walking towards the diner. Steve turned his head towards the door, you had made eye contact with him and you walked towards him.

“I’m guessing you’re my date?” Steve smiled when he heard you’re voice.

“I think you would be right.” You sat across from Steve, a waitress came up to your table and took your orders. The date was going really well.

“Y/N, I really don’t want this night to end.”

“I don’t want it to end either. We could go to the quarry, and look at the stars.” Steve agreed with you, he paid for your meal and you guys drove to the quarry.

You were laying on the hood of Steve’s car, staring up at the stars before Steve spoke up.

“This has been the most fun I’ve had in awhile.”

“Aren’t you always at the arcade with all of those eighth graders? I bet that’s pretty fun.” Steve chuckled at your comment.

“Those eighth graders aren’t as fun as you Y/N, believe me.”

“This has been a great date Steve.” Both of you had gone silent again, you felt Steve’s eyes on you. You turned your head to meet his gaze.

“I know this is going to be pretty forward of me but, do you wanna be my girlfriend?” You smiled at Steve. You didn’t answer with words, instead you kissed him sweetly.

Steve didn’t think he would ever be so grateful for Nancy being so nosey but, man he sure was right now.