14 - tempting

Elise Halder
————

I think I've officially lost my mind.

That's the only logic I could conjure up in my foggy mind as I trudged next to Cassie, who wore a wicked grin during the entirety of our walk.

It was cold out. It was really cold out today.

You'd think after living in Seattle for so many years, I'd be used to the northwest weather. Or, at the very least, I'd know how to prepare for it.

But no, that just wasn't the case today. Because there I was, walking briskly as the bitter November chill hit the exposed skin of my lower thighs, next to my very cozy and appropriately dressed blue-haired friend, wearing only spandex shorts under a rather long T-shirt and a pair of knitted thigh socks.

And I'm almost certain it's all because I've lost my damn mind.

I'm practically rejoicing in warmth when the two of us finally reach the heavy doors to the familiar lecture hall.

I blow short breaths into my numb hands in an effort to thaw my frozen body faster as Cassie watches me with an amused grin.

"What's so fucking funny?" I grumble, fed up with the weather and fed up with my stupidity.

She lets out a breathy laugh and shakes her head. "I happen to find this whole situation hilarious," I shoot her a glare as I rub my hands down my arms to gain some heat from the friction. "But I'm also quite proud of you, Lisi," I cock an eyebrow up at her in question.

She crosses her arms loosely and gives me another grin. "You finally took my advice, and it's so gonna pay off, so, actually you're welcome."

I scoff lightly and wave her away. "Shut up," I mumble but blush slightly at the memory of her 'advice'. "I'd hardly call this-" I gesture to my outfit. "-my best outfit." She rolls her eyes playfully and gives me a look.

"It's the best one for a certain horny professor."

I tense a bit at her words because I had almost forgotten exactly why I'd chosen to suffer through the Seattle weather in such unforgiving clothes. I let out a small groan and smack my palm against my forehead. "Oh my god, what was I thinking?" I shake my head. "This is so stupid. This is so fucking stupid I can't-"

Cassie shuts me up in the midst of my panicking with her own words. "Okay, no. You're not about to back out and doubt yourself now," She gives me an incredulous look, as if I'm being ridiculous. "You look good, and I know for a fact that a certain blondie is going to agree with me, okay?" She points a brow at me. "So cut the shit and let's get in there so I can make fun of Lucifer later for what's about to happen." She lets out a snicker at her own words and I flush.

"What do you-" I start to question her last words but she moves her hands to my back to usher me towards the familiar classroom door.

"Shhh, don't ask questions," she opens the door and gestures for me to walk in. "Now go." She gives me a grin and a final push inside.

I stumble slightly into the room where I'm met with an array of seats half filled with students, talking distractedly amongst themselves. I tug at the hem of my T-shirt so it sits normally on my thighs before I remember exactly what I'm wearing.

Because it's not really my t-shirt at all. It's a Rolling Stones tee that I've become very attached to, and don't have much of an intention to return anymore. I happen to know that it's owner, who is currently staring at me from the front of the room, would rather I have it, anyway.