Chapter 19

Siddharth was confused, sad, disappointed and angry at the same time. He didn't understand what happened. He didn't understand why Anu behaved like that. He didn't understand why her father said those things to him.

It has been already two days since that incident happened and he was getting more frustrated minute by minute and Anu not coming to the office is not helping him at all. Her words hurted him but he let it go as he suspects something is wrong with her. He knows her, She is not one of the persons who speaks rudely to people just like that.

He is losing his calm and patience. All he wanted was the truth. He knows he will be heartbroken again if their assumptions were wrong but he is willing to take the risk.

He thinks that there is nothing to lose as he had already lost her but will be more heartbroken and will be in more pain which he is already used to it.

He wants to know if she is alright or not but how. He cannot call her as he knows she will not answer his calls. Yesterday when he called her from office she didn't take his call, it went to voicemail. He tried to ask her friends but they just said that she is ok which is not satisfied for him.

He is driving home now from the office but his thoughts are occupied by her. He made his way to her house and stopped reaching the house. He hesitantly got down from his car and looked at the house which is dark and silent.

Not a single light is on in the house and gate was also locked. He thought that they might have gone out and left from there disappointed.

******

Next Day :-

Siddharth was busy today with back to back meetings as he had to finalize some deals and also concentrate on the ongoing projects. Whenever he comes across Raj or Neha, he glares at them who just look away nervously.

" Come in." Sid yelled when he heard a knock.

" Sid, why did you call me here?" Karthik came and sat in front of him.

" I don't know Karthik. I am worried. I feel like something bad is going to happen and can't do nothing about it." Sid said rubbing his face.

" What happened?" Karthik frowned at him.

" I am scared." Sid sighed.

" Of what?" Karthik asked him worried.

" Of truth. I want to know the truth but I know with that comes tears and pain. Moreover Ananya is not coming to office, not lifting my calls and when I went to her house yesterday, it was locked. I don't know what to do." Sid said keeping his head in his hands.

" Relax Sid. I think it's the time." Karthik said thinking.

" For what?" Sid asked confused.

" Time to know the truth. I think now time has come for the truth to be out. You should confront your mom, it's the only way." Karthik said seriously.

" Yeah but mom is not here." Sid said.

" Call her and ask her when she is coming here. In between you also tell her that you have to talk to her about something important. She may come home soon to talk to you if she finished her work there." Karthik said to him.

" Ok."

Sid said and took his phone to talk to her. But an email popped up in his laptop with a ding sound. He would have checked it later if it is not from the person whom he is dying to see.

" Sid, what happened?" Karthik asked.

" It's an email from Ananya." Sid said excited and opened the mail to see it.