47

Lyra (1)

"There are so many question I want to ask you." Iroh said to me, a smile on his face. I shook my head, "Let's go back to the reason why you're here."

His smile fades as he nods. Iroh now averts his attention to all of us. "Amon is winning so far. But we're not out of the fight yet."

"I like this man's confidence!" Bolin said enthusiastically. "So, how are we not out of the fight?"

"A second wave of reinforcements is on the way. But I need to warn them. Do you still have a way to get a message out?" He asks Korra.

"I know just the man for the job." Korra responds.

The man for the job was Gommu. He had his telegraph ready on a small table. After hooking the cables on, he turns to Iroh. "And who is the recipient of this top secret message?"

"Commander Bumi. Second division of the United Forces." He answers.

Korra cocks a brow, "Tenzin's brother?"

I smile at the thought of seeing him. "I haven't seen Uncle Bumi in so long."

"Bit of a wild man, but the bravest commander you'll ever meet." Iroh says. I chuckle, "You got that right." I could tell that Iroh liked that I agreed with him. The fact that I'm related to this man truly amazes me.

"Ready, sir." Gommu says.

"Fleet ambushed and destroyed by Equalist Air Craft. Retreat to Red Sand Island until my signal. Do not approach City until you receive the all clear."

Once Gommu finishes sending the message, Iroh lays down a map onto a table inside a small room for privacy.

He begins to discuss the plan. "Now comes the hard part. We need to ground those Air Crafts, otherwise Bumi's fleet will never be able to retake the City."

Mako points to a spot on the map, "They flew in from this direction. The air field must be somewhere over this mountain range."

"Everyone get ready." Iroh glances at me. "We leave at dawn."

While the others walk out of the room, I noticed Korra's uneasiness. I cross my arms, "What're you thinking?"

She furrows her brows. "I'm thinking that this be patient stuff has to end."

I furrow my brows, "What are you saying?"

"I'm going to face Amon."

"That wasn't part of the plan."

"I can't wait anymore. I have to do this."

"If that's what you want, fine. But you're not doing this alone." I place my hands down at my sides. "I'm going with you."

Korra frowns, "No, Ly-"

"There's no way I'm letting you do this alone. Let's take him down," I place my hand on her shoulder and give her a reassuring smile. "Together."

We catch up with the others to fill them in. "Change of plans." I announce, catching their attention.

"I'm not going with you tomorrow." Korra tells them.

"Why not?" Asami asks.

"I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon. It's time I face him."

Iroh steps forward, "That's not a good plan."

"But it is the plan. My father told us to be patient and we were. Now Korra is saying it's time, so be it." I say.

"We have to stick together." Iroh urges. "Korra, this isn't a mission you should be handling alone."