epilogue.

michael's fingers drummed on the surface of the table. he'd so badly wanted to come with nico to the courtroom and help her.

however, she had ended up declining, saying that she'd been far too afraid for too long, and this was something she'd have to do alone.

so here he was, in farrah's kitchen, while ashton reassured him from time to time that paul was bound to be locked up for a long time.

farrah often tried to comfort him ("do you want a drink?" "it's going to be okay."), but michael didn't need much reassurance. he was almost certain that the asshole was going to get every single day he deserved in prison.

a little while later, his phone rang. he dived for it immediately, and both farrah and ashton listened in, worried.

"nico? how did it go?" michael kept his voice steady.

"it..." there was silence on the end of the line.

"nico?" michael rubbed his neck, his brows furrowing together.

"...fucking fantastic! turns out this isn't the first case of domestic abuse he's been linked to...which is pretty terrifying...but that means that he's not getting any more cautions. they've weighed out all the evidence...and he's going to get 5 years in prison!" nico rambled, and michael stood up from his chair, a smile spreading across his face.

5 years was nowhere near enough for that bastard, but nico was happy with the outcome, which meant michael was satisfied too.

"nico, that's amazing!" michael grinned from ear to ear. farrah and ashton exchanged looks, before michael turned around and told them the good news.

when nico arrived at farrah's, a party was already in full blast. there were only a few people, mutual friends, all ready for a barbecue.

the grill was lit and ashton stayed by it most of the time, flipping burgers and cooking kebabs. michael was even certain that he saw him and farrah share a few kisses.

"michael...i can't even begin to thank you for everything you've done." nico told michael later. "if it wasn't for you...i'd still be with that asswipe. i love you for it." at the last sentence, both of them found themselves blushing deeply and avoiding each other's gaze.

"i love you too," michael spoke quietly, a small smile on his face. he hid behind his sweater sleeve, and nico swatted his shoulder.

"god dammit, michael! you're too cute!" she squealed. michael watched her. her eyes were truly captivating. her hair shone like coloured glass in the sunlight. and her smile was adorable, with a prominent dimple on either side of her cheek.

he couldn't resist her.

leaning in, he pressed his lips down onto hers, his hands clasped behind his back. she pulled away in surprise, her face becoming hot and pink, but shrugged quickly and pulled him back in for a second kiss, her arms around his neck.

the kiss lasted for a few moments before they both pulled away, slowly, resting their foreheads on each others.

the weird thing was, all nico could talk about was how michael had saved her. but when he woke up the following morning to find her sitting on his bed, brushing on her mascara, he couldn't help but think that maybe, in a way, she saved him too.

-end-

{{also, a special mention to a friend of mine, lily. she's been so nice about the entire series and incredibly supportive. thank you leli (lil_beach2000)}}