CHAPTER ONE

This book is for my entry of the africans community disney after dark weekly challenge.

Africanscommunity
Africanscommunity

Prince Adigun stared at the little wooden slipper perched on his expensive mud table, he was upset and angry. What had he done or said to the beautiful maiden that had made her to run away from him in fright. He thought everything was going fine, she was smiling and he was happy and then she ran away.

"Are!" he called his trusted servant and childhood friend.

"Your highness!" Are replied cautiously, he wasn't about to lose his head seeing as the prince was in an awful mood.

"I want you to do something for me," Adigun spoke up after a short while,
"Anything your highness, even if it's to cut out my hear-"

"Really Are, if I want your heart I will let you know."

"Yes your highness," he replied halfheartedly, being by the princes side when he was in a bad mood didn't bode well for his peace of mind at all.

"I want you to look for the owner of the wooden slipper and when you find her bring her to me, dismissed," he waved his hand uninterestedly and Are bowed down before taking the slipper and exiting the room.

It had been over a year now and still nobody's feet had perfectly fit the slipper, the slipper was stained red with blood as more than fifty maidens had cut their toe to make it fit, they ultimately lost the foot as the prince ordered them cut off. If you want your toe cut off then might as well help with the entire foot.

Kehinde barged into his twin sister's room to beg her to follow him to the market only to stop short when he saw her standing in front of the mirror with a wooden shoe in front of her, so it was her.

The little bitch was the one the prince had been turning the entire kingdom upside down and looking for all this while.

"So it's you, it's always been you, you get everything you want, even our stepmom hates you less," he said with so much hatred, as he stared at the wooden shoe in her hand.

"I didn't do anything."

How did you do it? Where did you get a wooden pair of slippers, did father leave it to you, of course he did, he always loved you best, he never scolded you before he died always cradling his little princess all innocent and sweet, the kingdom is going crazy looking for, you!" he said disbelievingly.

"No!"

"It was that witch that you call a friend that gave you the glass slipper wasn't she," he spat as he grabbed her by her hair and yanked hard on it, she screamed and trashed about as he pulled a handful straight from her scalp.

"Let me go brother." she wailed in pain as blood trickled down her scalp.

"So you can become the queen and leave me here to rot and suffer, never!"

"Please brother!" she cried as he yanked her braided hair further.

"Never! You will-" before he could finish his sentence a vase hit the side of his head, he was disorientated for a moment and loosened his grip on her hair. The moment Taiye realized this, she dropped the vase and ran straight for the door, but the vase barely caused him any harm and he ran after her before she could get the door open, he rammed into her and she in turn hit the door that had a nail peeking from a rotten part of the wood. The nail pierced into her head and she gasped loudly.

Kehinde stared in horror as blood began to ooze out of her head like the stream after a sacrifice had been made to appease the gods.

"Tai-taiye" he called, moving to the side and seeing her nailed by the head to the door he screamed.