Arc 2.6

She sat on an elegant chair. The deep red carpet underneath her high heel wearing foot, elegant gold print decorated the walls, the thick curtains draped down in curves.

She sat surrounded by a multitude of mirrors, maids wearing masks all stand in attention holding hand mirrors, while one was brushing the hair of the Queen.

But if you look closely one could faintly see her hand slightly tremble as she ran the golden hairbrush through the Queen's fiery red hair.

The Queen paid no attention to the others in the room and only admired her face, lightly touching her smooth skin and fixing her make up. Her hands suddenly stopped, feeling a slight pain on her head.

The maid brushing her hair started to shake, her hand holding the brush that contained a few pieces of long red hair.

She immediately knelt down to the floor, not daring to lift her head up or beg for forgiveness.

The Queen doesn't even look at her, her face calm but her eyes betray her furious temper.

"Take her hands."

Two guards rush in quietly, one holds the maid down, and the other takes out his sword and hacks down. Their actions swift and coordinated as if they had practiced many times.

The motion was soon followed by an agonized scream and the heavy splattering of dark red blood seeping into the already red carpet, disappearing.

The loud, ghoulish wails gradually softened as the maid was dragged away to be "put to rest" in pieces. She doesn't have hands, so she can't work anymore.

All was silent again.

Her thoughts were interrupted, the Queen thought.

She asked out loud, "How to best put someone in despair?"

No one answered her, only the tapping sound of her nails against the arms of the chair.

She smiled knowingly, "It's to kill your beloved in front of you, right?"

"You'll watch him die, not being able to do anything. Helpless and trapped. You wouldn't even be able to commit suicide since your stuck in the mirror." She laughs, delighted.

Now, what's the best way to kill a person?

She couldn't wait to get rid of him. Just the thought that there was someone more beautiful made her hands itch to kill him herself. Giving him two days is already the best she would compromise with. She hated it. She hated him, his very existence. She wanted to get rid of him immediately. But she also wanted to see the despair on Icarus' face.

She whispered, "You'll regret not taking my offer back then."

. . . . . .

[Plot Task: Comply to the orders of the Evil Queen. +1000 ] 

Something is going to happen. . .

Cerise looked up to the tiny window in his new cell room. Seeing the sun slowly falling to bid the day goodbye.

It has been five hours since he was captured and three hours since he was thrown into this small, dark room, away from Icarus.

Earlier, Jing had informed him of what the Queen decided to do to him. The poor little orb was slightly trembling from grief for his host.

He was now mentally prepared.

My brothers should still be at work. . . 

But Cerise had no idea on how to inform his brothers that he's fine.