2. Chapter 3

Tina walked purposefully through the streets of Paris, peering feverishly at the tall silk banners covering the buildings. Newt and (Name) trotted after her, worrying for the safety of the nearby civilians and themselves.

"It's too late," Tina whimpered. "Grindelwald's come for Credence. He might already have him." Newt stepped forward.

"It's not too late," he said, forcefully. "We can still get to him first." Newt grabbed Tina's hand and pulled her on, (Name) trailing after.

"Where are we going?" (Name) asked, swerving as a section of dark cloth blew towards her.

"The French Ministry of Magic."

"That's the last place Credence would go!" Tina exclaimed.

"There's a box hidden at the Ministry safe," Newt explained, pushing forward. "It's a box that can tell us who Credence really is." (Name)'s brows furrowed, rushing to walk parallel to her companion.

"What box? What in Merlin's name are you talking about?" (Name) didn't recall Albus mentioning anything about a box in the Ministry.

Newt glanced at her. "Trust me."

~~~

The group peered over the courtyard in which the entrance of the French Ministry was located. Newt pulled the women over to him slightly, voice lowered.

"The box is in the ancestral records room." Newt shuffled his feet and rummaged in his pockets.

"That's three floors down, yeah?" (Name) clarified. Newt nodded and pulled out a small vial, a few drops of a sloppy liquid at the bottom of it.

"Is that Polyjuice?" Tina brought her face closer to the bottle, peering at it warily.

"Just enough to get me inside." Newt looked around on his coat and pulls off a hair from his shoulder. He adds it to the potion and downs it. His figure changes into that of a familiar one— at least to (Name) anyways.

"Theseus?" (Name)'s eyes blew wide, looking the man up and down. Tina rose her brows in confusion.

"Who—?"

"My brother. He's an Auror—"

"He likes hugs." (Name)'s eyes looked upon Newt's changed form nostalgically. She shook herself from her stupor and looked at Newt in the eyes. "You ready?"

~~~

Newt, Tina, and (Name) power-walked throughly the large halls of the Ministry. (Name) looked around, wondering if she would see any familiar faces. She looked up through an opening to the floor above and recognised the original owner of Newt's current form. (Name) pulled away from Newt's hold.

"I'll catch up with you. I've got some business to attend to," (Name) said, glancing up at the elder Scamander. She rushed up a nearby stairwell and walked to the front desk, acting like she was looking for directions.

"(Name)?" A familiar voice trilled behind her, the name coming out forced. (Name) turned her head, and a grin split across her face as she watched the elder Scamander hurriedly walking towards her, arms outstretched. She reciprocated, her own arms winding around Theseus's slim frame.