NINETY

The time had finally come for Kat to go back home.

On her last day, Tom and his family decided to take her out for some last minute shopping for souvenirs before she went back and got hell from her family for not bringing back anything.

They had spent such a long time at the mall that after a while, Paddy grew impatient and wanted an escape, which Kat was quick to notice.

"You want to go grab a pretzel?"

"Yes please!"

"Guys," Kat called out to the family, "Paddy and I are gonna go grab a pretzel. You want anything?"

When everyone shook their head, Kat excused herself and let them get back to their own shoping while she and Paddy walked away from the group.

It didn't take long for him to look up at her excitedly.

"So, did Tom ask you yet?"

"Ask me what?"

"To move in with him."

"What?"

"Tom said he was going to ask you to move-"

"Paddy! Kat!" Harry called out nervously once he reached them, "Wait for me!"

Kat was confused as they stopped and turned to face Harry.

She decided not to beat around the bush, "Was he telling the truth? Is Tom really going to ask me to move in with him?"

"I- let's say hypothetically it is... how the hell did you hear that, Paddy?"

Paddy shrugged as if it were no big deal, "I heard you, Sam and Tom talking about it. Thought it was quite rude you didn't tell me."

"That's because you can't keep a secret for-"

"So it is true?"

Harry looked towards Kat, hesitating before finally nodding, "Yes. It's true."

"Jesus."

"I mean, is it such a bad thing that he is going to ask you? Aren't you two practically living together in the first place?"

Kat gave him a look, "I'm literally leaving and going back home tonight."

"Yes but your things are at Tom's-"

"I have one drawer."

"A big drawer."

Kat shook her head, "He's really going to do it. When?"

"When?" Harry frowned, "How the hell am I supposed to know?"

"He told you he's gonna do it, why wouldn't he tell you when?"

"I don't know cause he didn't. All I know is he told me like a week ago he was gonna do it, maybe a little more than a week-"

"He's known more than a week and he hasn't done it?!"

"I said maybe!"

"I'm gonna be sick," Kat mumbled, quick to run away from the boys.

"Wait, Kat!" Harry tried, but she simply ignored him and went straight to the women's restroom.

"Um... Harry?" Paddy asked nervously, looking behind him.

"What?"

"Tom's headed this way."

"Fuck," Harry instantly straightened up, "Do not tell him you just ruined the surprise. Got it?"

Paddy nodded, "I'll show you how good I am at keeping secrets."