Caregiver | Part 4

First day of your job, everything went pretty well except for the interaction. Even when you ask a very simple question, he didn't even bother to open his mouth to respond. You knew you did nothing wrong, but the way he treated you made you feel like you did something wrong.

Everytime you went home when your family ask about how was the progress of your day, you forced a smile and told them about your awesome day. You didn't want to lie to your family, but at the same time you don't want them to worry or pity you either. So you have to put on the mask and play your role.

Second day of your job as a caregiver, almost the same as the first day of your job. You hate how quiet the room is, but whenever he's around, you fell into a never ending pit of awkwardness. Since you still have no idea how to handle his, interesting personality.

When you entered the cabin, the emptiness in the room fulfilled your expectation. It means that the rude incapable guy is in his bedroom. You never wanted to call him that but due to the increasing level of his rudeness made you so.

You settled in, start on working with the first task of the day. Preparing the breakfast. Carefully you brought the tray with the food you already cooked for the guy you're taking care of.

You noticed the door to his bedroom was slightly open, so it's easier for you to push the door since you're struggling with the tray in your hands.

"Good morning, Mr Kim. I made you a breakfast." You greeted with a huge smile on your face although he was staring at the window, back facing you. You stood there like an idiot person you are, still waiting where you already knew he's not going to respond to your greet, your voice or even any slight noises you make.

"Just leave it on my table. And then, you yourself leave this room." He uttered, still back facing you.

"But Mr Kim, your arm. It will limit your movement though. No worries I'll help you with the–"

"Leave. I'm not going to repeat thrice."

Your mouth sealed right after he ended his sentence. His sharp and deep voice held you back from blurting any further.

"O-okay then. I'll just put it here..." you said while placing the tray on the coffee table just like he asked you to. Luckily he didn't listen what you've said just now since you talk quietly. As in, murmuring.

"Let me know if you need anything. I'll be outside." You rap the words out of your mouth and immediately left the bedroom, closing the door behind as you didn't want to listen or know what his next reaction would be.

You let out a deep breath, sighing like a frustrated person you are. What a great way to start your day, Suyin. You thought. While waiting for him to finish his breakfast, you took out a novel that you brought along, continue reading on the page you stopped previously.

After 30 minutes, you were supposed to proceed with the next task, but since you want to finish reading the novel until its last page, so you wait for another 30 minutes. Plus, you don't even want to rush him which might gonna ruin his mood all over again.

"What are you doing?"

That sudden sharp, deep voice gave you an electric jolt when the novel flew off from your hand. Quickly you went towards where the book landed and pick it up.

"Oh.. um.. nothing. I was just, reading. Eheheh~"

You hid the book behind as if you are not allowed to bring it along. You don't even know why you hid it as well.

He gave you that usual kind of look, which have no friendly expression at all. It's really hard for you to cope when he was not smiling at all while giving you that deadly look.

"Is that part of your job too?"

Good thing is you two finally having an interaction like normal people do. But the problem is, this is not the kind of conversation that you want it to be. So you don't know whether you are happy that he's starting to talk to you or feeling the opposite because he started the conversation with his rudeness.

"Well, not really. I just want to make the best of this little spare time with my novel while waiting for you to finish your business." You replied, adding a bit of distress tone in your voice.

Then there's that quietness again. Now you're in the midst of cluelessness when he didn't say anything afterwards but his eyes gave you that deadly stares at you under his long, blonde bangs. You're in a dilemma whether you should continue reading the novel in your hand or confront him and stop the staring behaviour.

"Oh... um... f-finish eating, already...?" Slowly you closed and put down the book. Oh, you already marked which page you're at, so you have nothing to worry about. "I... uh... I'll go and clean it up..." you made an excuse to escape the intense conversation, although you're the only one who did the talking.

You quickly walked passed him without even looking at him directly in the face, because you had enough pressure with his unfriendly stares. Heading your way to his room, you let out a deep breath, withdrew all the pressure in your chest. You looked on the table, and you found out that he didn't eat his breakfast as you saw the food in the plate were in the same amount and in the same arrangement. It disappoints you a bit because he didn't appreciate your effort on preparing the breakfast for him.

Although you're still hurt because of it, but you forced yourself to move on since it was still morning and you haven't finished your job yet. So you cleaned up the table, headed to the kitchen where you caught him with a cutlery knife in his hand and a bread slice in a plate on the counter, struggling with whatever he's doing near the counter.

You stopped and stood behind, only to observe what he was doing. Noticed a cutlery knife he's holding and a bottle of strawberry jam next to the loaf, then you realised the real situation that's going on there.

You put down the plate in the sink and immediately assisted him with the bread. "Here I'll do it for you." You said, offered yourself to do it as you ignore whatever his reaction might be.

"What are you–"

You took the knife from him and spread the jam on the bread, and you started to not really care about his behaviour anymore. Probably because you're still hurt that he didn't eat the breakfast you made earlier. "I'm a caregiver, and I'm supposed to take care of your basic needs and take over whatever that is inconvenience to you because it is part of my job. And since you haven't eat anything this morning, here you go. Don't let your stomach continuously growl in emptiness or else you will end up in hospital and if you end up in the hospital, it will make your parents worried about you even more than they already are. Especially your mother. So, how about we avoid that by starting with this strawberry jam sandwich, hm?"

Yes. You had just lectured one of the wealthiest people who was known with his rudely behaviour with your nonsense. There was no distress tone in your voice, meaning that you are completely done with him. And at that point, you don't care anymore if he decided to fire you on the spot.

He gave you that long stares again, and at the same time as you thought he's going to fire you at any time, you already planned on looking for another job.

Until he said something that you never expect from the first time you knowledged his personality.

"Thanks."