Chapter 18

Psalm 25:5
"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."

".....and he was able to find the antidote and saved his brother! He-" You stopped reading the storybook when you realized that your brother's usual happy expression was replaced by a doleful look. " (B/n)? What's wrong, buddy?"

"...." He glanced at his blankets, fiddling with it as he refused to answer back.

"Is it because of my reading? My bad, It's been a long time since I read a storybook to you." You smiled sheepishly. Usually, it would be Simon, but you wanted to be the one will read (B/n) a bedtime story
You believed that there's something wrong with Simon. You didn't want anything happen to (B/n), so you have to replace him for now.

".....Why do you want to replace Simon?"

"What?"

(B/n) sat up, giving you a dirty look. His eyebrows furrowed as he glared at you for the first time. "Simon is the best android in the world. Why would you want to replace him?"

"I-"

"Simon didn't do anything wrong! It isn't his fault if there's something wrong with his programs or whatever! It's the people who made him!" You sighed, closing the book as you put it aside.

" (B/n), don't interrupt me. That's not nice, and I know it isn't his fault, but I just wanted to see if he's alright."

"By sending him away?!" He exclaimed, "How does that help??!"

" (B/n), Don't raise your voice on me." You said sternly. Just because you have a soft spot for your brother, it doesn't mean you're not going to reprimand him when he behaves poorly. "If you let me explain and finish, you would understand why."

"No!" He glared at you once more, this time it's colder. "There's no excuse on what you're about to do!" What he said next broke you until now.

"When I grow up, I'm never going to be like you! You're the worst!"

It was the night before he died.

It was his last words to you.

"How?" You asked Connor as you both sat down on the floor. The room was much cleaner and empty than the room next door.

After your eyes had landed on Connor, you immediately gave Connor an embrace, tears threatening to spill again as you apologize again and again. Connor didn't say anything. He simply wrapped his arms around you. It was his first time showing emotions.

Connor had led you to another room, since he wanted to talk to you privately.

Basically, you're exchanging questions and answers. You were curious about Connor, and Connor's curious about you.

"How did you survive?" You asked Connor, who looked away.

"CyberLife transferred my memories to another vessel." He looked at you, "I believe I never told you, but my memories can be uploaded to another vessel. I may not be the Connor who were with you during the whole thing, but ironically I'm still the Connor you know." You smiled.

'Wait..why would CyberLife want to help Connor...?'

Connor smiled back, and your smile faltered by surprise. You weren't used to that. He seemed more....alive..