Chapter 19

Mark 10:25
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

It was better than nothing.

You had to stay here until Leo and the others cleared your name.

It's been around a week, and you still don't even know if Markus would want to clear your name. Leo was willing, but you don't know about Markus....

Simon had left to explore the street and buy some things for you, as well as to see if there's any news he needs to know.

Connor was rarely Seen around you, or anybody for that matter. He shut himself in the other room for some reason. It was peculiar, but no one never questioned him, so you decided not to.

You had talked to Alice and Kara, and they slowly trusted you more and more. Though you tried to chase them before, they seemed to comfortable around you, but still awkward. Luther seemed nonchalant about you, although he preferred not talking to you at all. He had heard that you tried to do harm to his family, and he already didn't like you.

Clover seemed to be too optimistic and cheerful to be an android. She acts perhaps a bit too human-like, and she talks to you often.

You learned that she's a deviant beforehand, and tried to hide it from her owner. She originally had planned to go to Jericho, but never had the chance to. Then, when androids are finally free, she was kicked out of the house. Having nowhere to go, she decided to go to where Jericho once was and met Simon.

Speaking of Simon, he was trying his hardest to make it up to you. He misunderstood you, and it had cost your brother's life. Although you told him you forgive him, you still don't feel like you completely did. After all, how would you feel if someone killed your loved one because of a misunderstanding?

Simon is still closest to you in the group you were with, and for the most of the time, you would talk to him. Connor, on the other hand....

While during the first time you met him again you were delighted to meet him, your emotions were jumbled and mixed up. You were happy that Connor was alive, but you still feel guilty killing him off. He DID try to ruin the androids' freedom, so you were quite upset about that. On top of that, he DID left you and Hank for dead multiple times...

You decided to pushed away those emotions when there were questions that you wanted answers for.

How did he get here?

How is he still alive?

How did he met Simon?

How long has he been here?

All those questions had kept you busy from your emotions that night when you met him.

Now, however, you started to feel weird with all the emotions. If Hank was here, you would've asked for advice.

Wait.

Shoot, speaking of Hank, how is he now? Is he worried sick? How would he feel if he sees Connor? How would he feel if he realized that you were the cause of Carl's ruined mansion? More importantly, is Carl okay? Markus? Leo? North?

Thousands of thoughts raced in your mind within seconds, and you started to get dizzy. With everything happening in a month, you couldn't help but be left behind. You couldn't keep up with everything that has happened.

With rebellious androids wanting justice, North being a possible traitor, and you being a possible criminal now, could you really blame yourself?

As if on cue, Simon returned with a paper bag. He seemed troubled.