chapter five

ALLISON DIDN'T GET THAT MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT. For some reason, she couldn't stop thinking about her leg, and how it would get better.

She heard the soft snores of Daryl across from her, envying that he could sleep so soundly in this world.

She huffed, pulling the covers from off her body, throwing her legs off the bed. She took a deep breath, getting ready to walk on her bad leg.

She placed her foot on the ground, almost screaming on how she couldn't feel the cold feeling of the tile. Allison slowly lifted herself from off the bed, fully standing, instantly regretting it when she fell over. Not having any balance on her feet.

Her butt hit the floor, making a loud thump sound, waking up Daryl instantly. The light switched on, him rubbing his face sleepily. "The hell?"

Allison mentally cursed in her head. "Sorry." She awkwardly chuckled, trying to get up off the floor, only to fall on her bad shoulder. She winced in pain, feeling the stitches open up.

Daryl slowly got up from out of bed, not wanting to rip his stitches as well. "No, I got it." Allison snapped, to which Daryl ignored her orders, helping her up the best he could as he was injured as well.

He placed her on the bed, her lips forming into a frown. "I'm sorry."

Daryl grunted, sitting back on his bed with his head against the headboard.

"I just wanted to be able to walk." Allison chuckled humorlessly. "To prove to my dad that I don't need to stay in here."

"Yer' bleeding." He pointed out, motioning to her shoulder and ignoring her comments.

She looked over, and sure enough, there was blood dripping down her arm and her stitches were ripped open. "Shit." Allison looked around the room for anything that she could use to stitch it back up. She saw a needle on the table in between the two beds.

She took her shirt off, leaving her in just a bra. Daryl awkwardly cleared his throat once he noticed she was practically naked. He noticed small scars on her shoulders, almost like a knife cut her. He also saw a line across her stomach, a pinkish brown color.

"Do you see a thread or string anywhere?" Allison asked Daryl, him shaking his head.

She unwrapped the gauze that was around the bullet wound, placing it beside her on the bed. She grabbed the pillow case from the pillow, placing it on the wound, soaking up all the blood. She was starting to get pale, more and more blood dripping from the wound.

"You good?" Daryl asked as he noticed she wasn't looking too hot, Allison nodding rapidly although she looked like she was gonna face plant onto the floor. "Super." She smiled sarcastically.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Maggie's worried face. "Hey, I heard a loud..." Her eyes widened once they landed on Allison, her skin almost the color of the white sheets. "Oh my god, Ally."

"I'm fine, Maggie. Just ripped open stitches." Allison smiled sarcastically once again.

"You're not fine, I'm getting Daddy." Allison grabbed her wrist to prevent her from walking away.

"You can't, he'll get mad." Maggie rolled her eyes at her pleading voice and pulled her wrist away. "What do you want me to do?"

Allison swallowed thickly, her eyes getting more heavier by the second. "I need you to... stitch me up."

Maggie nodded quickly, trying to look for thread. She quickly found it under Daryl's bed within a couple of minutes. "Okay, let's do this."

Maggie put the thread through the needle in one try. She poked the needle through the wound, Allison not flinching once.

She was finished within ten minutes and ordered Allison to lay down and rest. Allison didn't say anything as she was out like a light.

Daryl watched her closely as she slept, trying to figure her out. What he knows about her is that she is very stubborn and doesn't like help when she needs it. She doesn't like when people she doesn't know touching her, she hardly speaks unless it's for a valid reason. She's super sarcastic

She was a very interesting person in Daryl's mind.

-

The next morning, Allison woke up and turned to her side painfully, seeing Daryl wasn't in his bed. Meaning he was probably downstairs or outside.

As if on cue, the door opened, revealing Beth with a tray in her hand full of food. "Hey, Ally." She smiled softly.

Ally sat up carefully, trying not to rip open her stitches again. "Hi."

Beth placed the tray of food in her lap, placing the drinks on the nightstand beside her. "Where's the man that was in here?" The teenager asked.

Allison shrugged. "Don't know." She slurped a spoonful of soup in her mouth, swallowing slowly. "His name is Daryl."

Beth nodded, sighing heavily. "I was so scared." She admitted.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and then her face relaxed in realization.

"I thought you were-" Beth stopped herself, choking on her words.

Allison instantly wrapped her younger sister into a hug, Beth crying heavily on her shoulder. "It's okay, I'm here."