Movie

I was auditioning as Kimberly for the movie Ladybugs. I waited in the line nervously, playing with my hands. I talked to some of the other girls who were auditioning and they were just as nervous.

A girl with a clipboard comes out and calls my name. I swiftly get up and follow her into the room. I see 3 adults sitting at a table writing on papers and then I see a very cute blonde boy standing in front of them.

The guy in the middle looks up and smiles.

"Hi Y/n, are you ready to audition?" He asks shaking my hand.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I smile back. I make eye contact with the blonde boy and I smile at him.
He puts out his hand for me to shake and I happily oblige.

"Jonathan." He smiles at me before I could reply the director interrupts.

"Okay." He says clapping his hand

"Y/n, this is Jonathan, he is playing Mathew in the movie." Jonathan and I chuckle at the director, referring that Jonathan just introduced himself but the director didn't pay attention.

"Cool." I nod my head smiling at him.

"Are you guys ready to start?" He asks and we both nod and stand across from each other.

"Actually. I kinda wanna try the kiss scene with these two." The director says flipping through pages. He pulls out two papers hands me one and Jonathan one.

Jonathan and I both take a few minutes to memorize the lines and then we starting.
~
"So you did it. You didn't need Martha to win."

"I'm gonna miss her though. We were supposed to go to the movies together." I smile and look up at him.

"Well you could go with me." He smiles. I smile and nod my head.

"I'd like that." I smile. He looks down at my lips and starts leaning in as do I. We both share a sweet lingering kiss then pull away,

~

Jonathan gazes at me for a moment then awkwardly cleared his throat and looks at the director. They exchange looks at each other then the director smiles and nods his head.

"Congratulations, Y/n. You got the job!"

"Sir, what about all the other girls who still need to audition." The lady with clipboard asks. The director waves her off.

"Tell then to go home and that we have found our Kimberly." The lady nods and walks out.

"Well, I can't wait to work with you, Y/n." Jonathan turns and smiles, showing his perfect teeth.

"Same here." I smile back at him.

"Filming starts next week, I'll see you there." The director smiles at me and sends Jonathan a wink before he walks out causing Jonathan to playfully roll his eyes and scoff.

We stood there and talked for awhile until he invited me to go get ice cream with him.

We both walk out the door to see the group of girls who were going to audition after me, glaring at me.

Before I could react, Jonathan grabs my hand and pulls me out the door.

"Don't worry about it." He gives me a reassuring smile. We walk to the ice cream shop and then I realized we were still holding hands.

Though Jonathan didn't pay much attention to it.

~~~

During filming, Jonathan asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I didn't pass him up on it.

I never really seen Movie couples, real life relationships last for awhile, though Jon And I's did.

We were 10 years strong until everything fell in a slump and we ended up breaking up in 2002.

A year later I got the news that Jonathan killed himself and I was heartbroken. I cried for days.

Every night when I would lie in bed, I would always feel a presence like someone's arms were wrapped around me but when I would look, nothing was there.

I met someone else later in life and I fell in love again, though Jonathan and i's love would always top.

"You never stop loving your first love. You simply love someone better."

That wasn't the case for me.

It will always be Jonathan.

-

Wow that took a turn 🤧