Chapter Twenty Eight

Hey guys! I have recently made an official Facebook for myself where I will be posting more frequently to keep you all updated. I will be able to be contacted much easier that way, so if you're interested, the link is (also available in external link):

https://www.facebook.com/authorlaurenjackson

Dedication: BrendaRuiz0 for the awesome cover on the side! Thank you heaps, it's great. :)

Recap:

"Where's Colin?" Alex asked, whom I hadn't actually paid any attention to.

"Isolation." I couldn't keep the bitterness out of my voice. "And before you ask, I don't know how long. Probably a while though, I'd imagine."

"Damn." Chase groaned, also joining the conversation. "That's just great!"

Tell me about it.

"Distract me." I practically begged. "Gym, anyone?"

Like the typical crew we are, we couldn't let one man solider on alone. (That being me and I kind of forced them to come because I was weak and didn't want to face going their alone). So, we all got dressed into our tights (for the boys those weird skin things they insist on wearing) and our sports labelled singlets.

We entered the gym, feeling pretty thug I must admit, and all went to our separate machines. The couple of people who had previously been in there dispersed pretty quickly. From then on, we turned the music ear-drum shattering loud and sweated out all our troubles.

I am really beginning to like these people.

<><><><><><><><><>

"Flush this. Now." Imogen's voice was desperate as she shoved a bag of coke into my hand, her eyes stained red.

"Are you serious?" I snapped at her.

The alarm blared in my ears, making me wince. She could hardly even stand upright. I wanted to punch her for being such a moron. I stared down at my hand, a little startled at the memories that bombarded my brain at the touch of it.

"They're coming," she hissed, shoving me.

That effectively snapped me out of my mental revelation. I rounded on her, slamming her against the wall, the anger inside me swelling considerably.

"Do not tell me what to do and do not shove me, Imogen. Stop the drugs or I'll stop you."

She swallowed, her eyes darting around. Her hands were trembling and I knew she wasn't here with me right now. Letting go of my vice grip on her, I sighed. I knew what it was like to be caught up in this world.

"Get out of here."

With a nod, she took off. I scampered towards my bathroom, wading through the various bottles of alcohol and litter. I dropped to my knees, ready to flush it when I heard the door bust open. My stomach clenched painfully as I knew this was it.

I was done.

"You."

*************************** Three Hours Earlier ****************************

In a week nothing had happened but so much at the same time. Colin was still in isolation which was the nothing, but there were two new girls at school. Twins. Annabel and Jaeden, or double trouble is what refer to them as. They had turned everything upside down. Drug lord queens. I don't know what the hell has come over Imogen, but it has been parties, drugs, alcohol rage all week. I didn't recognise her. Yeah, the first couple I must admit I joined in on the festivities, but then I opened my eyes and realised what I was doing.