S I X T Y O N E

- Juliet's POV -

The bachelorette party was a dud.

Everybody glanced at her and whispered at first, but then it died down. She was only dating Alex Camden, bastard child. The whispers would've been much more if she'd been dating Adam. He was the real golden boy of the Camden family.

She tried finding Adam when Alex dropped her off at the fashion show, but she only got an apologetic glance. He was too busy hiding behind Nathan from a small group of fawning women.

Alex had said, "behave, Jules."

Juliet had smiled sweetly. "I always behave."

"Don't get into heated arguments. I don't want to have to come take an innocent girl to the hospital after having been beaten up by you."

Juliet sniffed. "I am very peaceful, mind you."

Alex laughed softly and pulled her close, kissing her cheek. "And most importantly, don't let any of the girls bully you or fill your head with nonsense. If you want to know whether something is true or not, come to me before overreacting and threatening bodily harm."

She glared at him, but on the inside, she was kissing the crap out of him for being so practical and honest and sensible. It was hot. "I hope there won't be anything I'll need to confirm."

"No promises. Niah and her girls are trouble makers." Alex kissed her mouth. "But you're an even bigger trouble maker. So try not to hurt their ego too much."

Juliet grinned at the attention she was receiving from him. Like a puppy getting praise from her human. "I'll try."

He pulled away and started to leave, but Juliet suddenly pulled him back with surprising strength, and planted another kiss on his mouth. After a few seconds, he pulled back, his breathing slightly accelerated, and his cheeks pink. "What was that for?"

"I'm just marking my territory while making sure you don't forget what's going to be waiting for you in your hotel room tonight," she winked, her tone low.

He flushed and said, "go attend the bachelorette party, and stop harassing me, Juliet Ashton."

She laughed as they let go of each other's hands. She went towards the future bride and groom.

Trina was surrounded by a bunch of girls,and smiled when she saw Juliet. "Juliet! I'm so glad you came."

Juliet smiled lightly. "I'm glad to be here." Not really. She'd rather be with Alex.

Another girl tugged at Trina's sleeve, and she rolled her eyes and told Juliet, "I actually have some work to do. I'm so sorry. But you should go and mingle! Meet friends! I'm sure you'll recognise many of the people here. I'll catch you later, okay?"

"Okay." And Trina left. Juliet had a feeling they wouldn't catch each other later. Trina was nice and all, but just, not very interested in Juliet. And so Juliet wasn't interested in Trina. It was okay.

Juliet sighed.

"Juliet?"

Juliet turned and met the bright blue eyes of Inga Ahlström, an old classmate from when she studied in Sweden. Jules' eyes widened as she threw her arms around her. "Inga!" Juliet laughed.

Inga asked happily, "it's so nice to see you, Jules! Who's side are you from?"

"I'm the girlfriend of the groom's friend."

"Girlfriend, huh." Inga waggled her eyebrows.

They laughed and talked some more, catching up. Juliet met a few other old classmates, surprised and delighted. It wasn't so boring and terrible after all.