Young Severus x reader ~ that's why I'm in love with you

I got you guys three updates!! Yaaay

Requested by: Here_4_ur_ovaries

Enjoy!

-

You and Snape were sitting in the library studying for potions. You didn't even know why. You both were very good in potions. You just wanted to spend time with him.

'Why are we even doing this?' Severus asked.

'I don't know.' You grinned while looking at him.

You didn't know why you liked him. Maybe it was the fact that he was a little shy. He was bullied so that was probably why. You always tried to help him if you could.

'How's life?' You asked.

'It's okay. Nothing really changed.' He said.

'That's too bad to hear.' You said. 'I thought my help would be able to help you.'

Severus smiled a little.

'It does. I'm glad to have a friend like you.'

Friend. It was always that word that bugged you. You wanted to be more than that to him. Was it ever going to happen? Were you enough for him.

'We always talk about me. What going on in your life?'

'Not much. Everyone is okay. My classes are going fine.'

'You're acting like your life isn't interesting at all.' Severus grinned.

'It isn't actually.' You laughed. 'I don't face that many difficulties. I prefere helping you over talking about my own boring life.'

It was sweet that Severus thought that your life was interesting but you'd rather care for him then take his attention to your life. Your only problem right now was that you had a crush on him.

'Your life isn't boring! I'm sure there is something interesting going on.'

'No. Not really.' You grinned. 'All I do is study and chill with you. Sometimes with Lily.'

'Oh.. anything going on in her life?' He asked.

It made your heart sink a little. A few years ago he told you he had a crush on Lily. You didn't know if it was still the case. You didn't hope it was.

'No. She's still into James.'

'Oh.. okay.'

You couldn't judge whether he was upset or not.

'Are you okay? I'm sorry about James. I don't know if you still like her or not.'

Severus looked at you and he smiled again.

'No. I don't like her anymore. He can have her.'

It made you feel relieved. Your heart started beating a little faster. You tried to hold back your smile a little. You actually had a chance with him.

Severus looked away for a moment. You turned your head and saw James and his gang. Th e y were the bullies. Severus sighed and quickly looked away.

'Gits. Honestly, I don't get what she sees in that guy.'

'I don't care, honestly.' Severus sighed. 'I just want him to go away.'

'I'm here. Don't worry.'

'He's chicken when you're there. Because you're Lilly's friend.'

'That's why you shouldn't worry.' You smiled.

You looked at James. You grinned and looked at Severus.

'What do you think they're talking about?' You asked.

'It can be very interesting.' Severus grinned.

'It's probably about something dumb.' You said. 'Like he just saw one of the hundred barn owls over here but it had like blue eyes instead of dark eyes.'

Severus laughed.

'That is just stupid. Are they that stupid?' Severus asked.

'Probably.' You laughed.

'Or he's like: oh look at me, I'm James. My ego is incredibly large for a guy who wears these geek ass glasses. I don't even know how I managed to get friend or a girlfriend.'

Severus laughed.

'Oh my gosh Y/N. You're amazing! That's why I'm in love with you.'

You immediately stopped laughing. Your cheeks shot red. It started you. You didn't know what you had to say. Severus got red. He was clearly embarrassed. He coughed and grabbed his book again and he hid behind it.

You just kept looking at him. You had to say something. You were going to ruin it for yourself. You had to speak. It was taking so long. You had to say it.

'Severus..' You managed to say.

'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blur it out like that.' He said.

You pushed the book down. You smiled at him when. His eyes met yours.

'I'm in love with you too.'