twenty-one.

+ sharing +

+ sharing +

I had the note from Schmidt tucked in my skirts waist band. He knew that all of the factories and bases had been compromised, only the one that I had saved and the ones not on the map safe from hell fire. I was utterly done with being Allison, desperately wanting to be Alyona once again. The train was something that seemed interesting to me, did he want me on that train? Or did he want me to tell the Americans about the train?

'Do what you must do' ran over in my head over and over again. I deciphered it as he wanted me on the train, to take me somewhere I was needed.

I walked down a cobbled street, my long green coat reaching down to my knees. Bucky was on one side of me and Steve was on the other, both of them leading me to their shared living area."Who's sleeping on the couch then?" I asked looking at either man, a smirk on my face as they stared back at me. "You could just sleep in my bed if you want" Bucky said cheekily, nudging me gently with his elbow, causing me to push him a little bit. 

"Oh how nice of you to volunteer to sleep on the couch" I said patting him on the shoulder. Just as I did I stumbled along, almost falling into Steve but he caught me before I could. I looked down at my shoe the heel on my right shoe snapped in on itself. "Shit" I mumbled reaching down and just taking the shoe off, causing both of the men to stop walking.

"Isn't that just great" I chuckled taking off both shoes and just standing on the cold damp floor in my stockings. "These were my favourite shoes" I pouted holding them in my hand and beginning to walk again, Steve and Bucky following after me. "You want a piggy back?" Steve joked, a smile spread widely on his face. "I think I'll pass doll" I said the cold stone hitting the bottom of my foot aggressively. "Can we hurry my feet are cold" I said starting to walk a little faster, walking on my toes as I jogged lightly.

"You two excited for tomorrow?" Steve asked as we picked up the pace a little. "Yeah sure, following captain America into the jaws of death" I joked starting to walk on my toes to keep my heels off the floor. "You can handle it, that guard you took down last time was out cold" he replied, tucking his hands into his pockets. "Thanks I do try" I said with a chuckle as we reached the gate that sat in front of Bucky and Steve's shared apartment.

Most of the SSR workers that worked in the compound were based in London, having houses and families of there own. But while we were stationed here we got issued small apartments, nothing special. Bucky unlocked the red door, opening it as i ran inside, wiping my wet feet on the door mat, rubbing one on top of the other. The small couch was a deep red colour, complementing the red cushioned chairs around the table. "You want a beer?" Bucky asked me taking off his  cap and placing it on the hook to the side of the door.

The apartment was a lot different to mines and Peggy's, the dining table sitting to the side of the living room, red decor scattered all around the room. "No, we have a mission tomorrow" Steve said lightly brushing past me and falling onto the couch with a thud. "You can't even get drunk, what are you scared of?" I said sitting down next to him, crossing one leg over the other.