Its a Hard Life Epilogue

So I'd like to apologize that I never really followed up on this series. I had turned this into a book at one point and then I got sidetracked with this and nothing ever happened, so here's an epilogue so I'm not leaving you on a cliffhanger. Also, sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger for literally two years.

~~~

It was cold. The ground was hard and wet with your blood. Your stomach hurt to the point that you couldn't bear it any longer, and you blacked out.

And then chaos broke loose.

You woke up lying on a bed, a strange one eyed creature looking over you. Its large, pale eye blinked once, studying you deeply. Freezing, you reached for your wand.

"Oi! Out of there!" A voice called. The animal squawked and scuttled away, popping in and out of existence like a creepy, ADHD, alien teleporter. "Oh, you're awake," the voice continued. "How are you feeling? Can I get you anything?"

You gasped and sat up quickly, putting a name to the voice in record time. "Newt?"

Newt popped out from behind a draping curtain of canvas, a glowing water-creature curled around his arm. It made a strange tittering noise from its belly and jumped away behind the canvas, leaving a glob of glowing blue mucus on Newt's arms. He wiped it off on the canvas nonchalantly, like it wasn't the most disgusting thing you'd ever seen. "Hello, (Y/N)." He said quietly, ducking his head.

"What am I doin here?" Blurry images floated through your head. A crowd, screaming, a flash of green light, red crimson on the ground... Celine...

You gasped. "I've got to get back, I've got to check on-" you shot up, but immediately regretted it. A searing pain raced through your abdomen, burning like fire. You groaned and settled back down, curling up into your stomach.

"Best not to do that." Newt muttered, coming over. He grabbed a small package and unwrapped the cloth, revealing a small bundle of herbs. He came over to you and started to lift up your shirt.

Although it hurt, you slapped him. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" You roared, managing to be absolutely terrifying despite being bedridden.

Newt blushed and backed away slightly, tossing the herbs from hand to hand. "I have to clean the wound. The knife Celine used- your knife- is enchanted against magic. So I had to fix it the Muggle way, which requires me to clean it and dress it, not to mention you might have ripped a few stitches just now-"

"Alright, alright," You grumbled, settling back down, although the thought of your ex-boyfriend getting that close to you made you uncomfortable. "Just don't go gettin' too handsy."

Newt flushed again. "Oh, no, I won't." He stammered, staying a healthy distance away from you.

Your side throbbed and you eyed Newt with annoyance. "Well? If you're going to clean the damn thing clean it already!"

Newt swallowed, his adam's apple bobbing. "Right, yes." He came forward once again and gingerly lifted the corner of your shirt, revealing a red, agitated wound pockmarked with black stitches. Your face turned green.

"Gross," you wrinkled your nose.

"It'll be even more so if it gets infected," Newt said sternly. "Hold still. This might sting a little."