Chapter 31: Handshake

Ace came from the bar towards me with two drinks in his hands. He was so sexy in that tuxedo. I loved that chaotic air that always surrounded him, but the suit just looked as if it was created for him.

"Do you know what I discovered?" He said excitedly sitting down next to me and handed me my drink. We were facing the dancefloor.

"What?" I asked taking my drink, avoiding his gaze and trying to control my thoughts about his hotness.

"Zoe is gay." He said hiding a laugh. "Looks like Amanda," the groom's sister, "and her are more than best friends."

"Oh." I said driving the glass to my lips. I felt dumb that I could have been jealous for a moment.

"Yeah, oh." He chuckled. He took a sip from his drink too and glanced at the dancefloor. "Oh, and maybe the bartender asked for your number." He mumbled averting my gaze.

"Really?" I asked turning around to look at the bar. The bartender was shaking a cocktail, the muscles in his arms flexing as he did so. "Did you give it to him?"

"No." He replied seriously turning to face me. "I told him to fuck off and that you were my girlfriend." His expression didn't change, as if it was the best thing he could have done.

"Why would you do that?" I slammed his leg. "He is cute!" I exclaimed teasing him.

He shrugged and squeezed my hand that was on his leg, looking again at the dancefloor while he took a big gulp. We remained silent for a few seconds. My mind travelling in time.

"Do you remember when we danced in my birthday?" I asked absentmindedly.

"Why? Do you wanna repeat again?" He asked glancing at me with a mischievous smile, arching an eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe not that kind of a dance," I told him reminiscing, "but yes." I stood up and pulled his hand. "Come on, dance with me."

He let out a deep breath and let his drink on the table, following me to the dance floor. We made our way through the crowd. I began to move my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He did the same with my waist and we danced at the rhythm of the music. He grabbed my hand and made me twirl. I laughed throwing my head back and he caught me again looking at me with amused eyes. I didn't know where he had learnt, but he was such a good dancer.

All of a sudden, a small hand tugged my dress. I glanced at the little girl and I knew it was Claudia because her hair was a mess. Ace pulled apart and watched us as I took Claudia's hands and began to swing her arms, dancing as she laughed. I made her spin and saw that Ace had Morgan in his arms. She was whispering something in his ear.

Ace pouted his lips. "You don't wanna dance with me?" The girl shook her head and pointed at me with her little fingers. He let her on the ground and looked at me rolling his eyes. The girl stared at me shyly. "She wants to dance with you." Said Ace. I grinned at him and he gave me an unsamused gaze.

"Of course! Come here, Morgan." I took the girl's hand while she took her sister's, and we made a little circle. They both laughed as I moved my arms, dancing with them. We kept on dancing for a long time, Ace sat on a chair watching us. I knew he took us some pictures. He always did, I got better at noticing. When I did a move, the girls laughed and tried to copy me.

Morgan waved her little hand for me to bent down.

"I like your necklace." She said pointing to the little diamond. I smiled and approached my face to hers.

"Do yo want one?" I asked. She nodded eagerly. "Then, you'll have to ask your brother." I said glancing at him. He gave me a confused smile and I grinned. I guess he'll have to buy another one.