Chapter 9

"So what are you guys doing here?" I tried to change the subject. "Oh hell no. Oh hell to the no. You're not just gonna walk over all that like it didnt just happen." Baeli said as we walked to my front door. I unocked the door and they pushed me in. "Sooo Stephan.. huh?"

"What about him?" I asked as I grabbed a water from the icebox. "Where the fuck did he come from?" Tori asked me. "because we have never.. ever seen him a day in anyone life." Baeli said. "That's cause I just met him today." I said as I started downing the bottle of water. "And where did you meet him? How did you meet him? Why is he so damn fine?" Baeli said as they followed me up the stairs. "Ugghh okay fine! I went out with Charlotte today and she took me to her meeting in the city but I couldn't sit in the meeting with everyone in there so Charlotte's best friend told me to go with her son somewhere and her son just so happen to be Stephan. We didn't know what to do or where to go so we just went to the mall and then he brought me home. Nothing more, nothing less." I said as I took a seat on my bed.

"Yeaaa okkkkkaayyy." Tori said as he flipped over to her stomach. "He's really sweet." I added. "And really fine." Baeli said. "Wait do you want Stephan ? What about Max?" Tori looked at me.

"I don't want Stephan. He's just a really good friend. And Max is Max. I don't know what he wants to do."

"Is Max even for real ? Like he changes his mind every three days. So just wait it out." Tori said to me. "Because babyyy Stephan is fine ! He a different kind of fine."

"Yea he fine fine." Baeli laughed. "Okay I get it." I laughed. "Who's Stephan ?" I heard a voice say.

All of our heads shot to the door. It was my mother. "Uh hello." I said. "Hi and my question still remains who is Stephan?" She began to walk inside of my room.

"Someone I met today." I answered as I looked down st my phone instead of at her. "Really where?"

"I feel like you're trying to be apart of my life and i'm not real comfortable with it. And I smell the cognac on your breath." I said looking at her. "Brooke." Baeli whispers to me. "You know what , I may not be the best mother in the world but I am still your mother. You will not talk to me as if I was one of your little friends. I am the adult and I will be treated as one." She said as she stormed out of the room.

Buzz Buzz Buzz

"Hello." I said. My voice was nearly about to crack. "What's wrong baby? Sound kind of sad." The voice was so soothing.

Maxwell ❤️

Was written across my screen. "Oh hi , uh nothings wrong." I said as a unpredicted tear fell down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. "I'm not believing it but I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight?"

"Go where?" I asked nonchalantly.

"We can go to dinner." He said. "Sure that's fine."

"Alright baby girl i'll talk to you later." The phone hung up. "It's gonna be okay Brooke." Tori said as she stroked my hair. "Wanna come to my house tonight ?" Baeli asked me. "I just told Max i'd go with him somewhere tonight. But when I leave him i'll come over."

"That's cool."

Baeli's POV

I jumped in my car and Tori followed me. "You're going straight home right?" I asked her. "Yea I got a lot to do today."

I sped off out of Brooklyn's driveway. "My schedule busy my head in a hoodie my shorty a goodie life is amazing it is what it should me !" I rapped every lyric word for word as I pulled in front of Tori's house. "Thanks text me when your home." "Gotcha !" I yelled out the window.