Chapter 47

"Where was she the last three years?" I voiced out my concern to Dex.

When he didn't respond for a few seconds I looked over at him.

He had a serious look on his face.

"That's something I have been unable to find." He finally says.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I did investigate a lot in this. And I haven't gotten anything of importance. It seemed someone purposefully blocked the information from being leaked." He sighed.

This is bad.

"All I got was that after you rejected her, she took off on her own. Even Anastasia had no contact with her. She came back to the only after you announced that rogues had to join packs too." He concluded

So where was she these last three years? With a lover?

Xavier growled at the prospect. And I couldn't say what I felt was any better.

She better have a good explanation for this. I vowed to myself.

"Which might have been for the best because Anastasia isn't the friendliest person to be around. Especially after you banished her the whole lot when you rejected Zara." He said.

Oh, so it was my fault now.

"She wouldn't have had this problem if you had just chosen a someone more suitable for the role as her caretaker." I taunted him.

"And it wouldn't have happened if you didn't reject her." He growled.

We stared at each other in combat.

Both of us messed up Zara's life in our own special way. We just didn't know the other was also doing it.

We messed up big time.

"Arguing wouldn't change anything," I stated.

"Now that you mentioned it, is it true that Anastasia had tortured Zara?"

Dex had a scary, almost grim look on his face and that was enough to tell me that whatever Zara disclosed there was the truth.

Before we could discuss this further we heard a feminine scream.

Dex took off instantly, recognizing his mate's voice.

I followed suit.

Zara's mom laid on the floor while Zara stood above her with a murderous look on her face.

"Don't TOUCH ME AGAIN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" She screamed.

Dex immediately stood in front of his mate. Torn between protecting her or coaxing his unstable daughter.

The only thing that held Zara back was Jason who had his arms looped around her.

The rest of the gang also stood around us.

They are so annoying. How many times did I ask them to leave it to me? They bugged me a million times these last few days about Zara's health. How did they even get in?

While it was endearing, it was also annoying. Especially Jason. He seemed a bit too concerned than I would have actually liked.

Zara was fighting Jason as hard as the drugs in her system allowed her to. But that didn't mean that Xavier and I didn't see red.

Jesus, it had barely been 15 minutes and this girl was up and about already. Especially after that hit and the number of drugs she has been sedated with.

Her willpower is to be admired. She is no doubt a force to reckon with.

Our mate.

Xavier's deep spice resonated within every inch of my body. Yes, she is.

And right now she was in the arms of another.

I didn't waste time removing her from Jason, shocking the people around me along with myself.

I caged her to me.

Dex and his mate looked satisfied while everyone else looked alarmed. This feels right. Holding her had sparks racing through me.

It saddened me to know that she didn't feel the same due to the blocked bond. It would be very easy to break through her block when she is in this situation.

No Blaze. Focus.

My struggling mate was barely conscious. Her eyes drooped and she hardly put up a fight anymore.

I knew she would drop any minute. Her struggle had cost her a lot of energy. She was starting to wheeze slightly.

Did she have this problem before? I have to get a doctor to check.

I could feel her soft hair, the color of sunshine against my arm and body wherever it touched as I held her tight against me.

Her scent was so calming. I felt like taking a whiff of it.

NO. Focus Blaze. Don't let her get to you.

She is just so distracted.

The moment her lethargy got to her and she went back to oblivion, I bend down and picked her up.

After snuggling her into the bed I turned to see multiple pairs of stunned eyes.

"I am just helping a pack member," I said

I know even I wouldn't buy that bullshit.

Though no one was brave enough to actually show it. Except for Dex.

And maybe Zara, if she were awake now. She always kept me on my toes. At this rate, she could have me wound around her pinkie in a few days.

I wanted to rub her soft hair one last time, but I didn't want to push it.

I sighed as the doctor started to work on her.

"Keep her highly sedated all times until she is recovered," I told him and strolled out.

"And check if she has a wheezing problem."

Hey, lovelies, I have been so busy this week, I am so sorry this chapter is so small. But hey, Blaze is starting t have feelings for our heroine and that's something.

Please comment and vote to tell me what you thought. Reading your comments is so interesting. Some of you even had these long, interpretations that made me think of things I never thought about so thank you for taking the time to write it.

I will answer to these when I have time on my hands.

So for now,

Ciao