Chapter Twenty - Commitment

Kat had never wanted to be married. It had never been something that appealed to her. But then, she'd never wanted a mate, either. She'd grown up thinking anyone tethered to her was in danger, and marriage was the ultimate tether. She thought back to before she met Cal. It felt like looking at someone else. She couldn't really have lived without him, could she? Life hadn't started, not really, until the moment Tate brought her to him.

"Ka-?"

"Yes. Absolutely yes."

She threw her arms around him, grabbing his face roughly, she pulled his lips to hers.

He groaned against her mouth, her soul soared as the bond tightened. Cal lifted her up and sat down on the nearest pew, not breaking their kiss. Kat straddled him, running her fingers through his hair and pushing his mouth open with her tongue. Cal wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her into him. Kat could barely breathe, she loved it. She pulled his lip into her mouth and tugged on it with her teeth. He growled, low in his chest. The sound made Kat's insides twist. She started to unbutton his shirt and his hand closed around hers, stopping her. She pulled away, frowning at him.

He breathed heavily, laughing lightly.

"In the chapel, Kat?"

She blushed.

"I just can't wait any longer."

Cal laughed, the sound boomed around the room.

"You and me both!"

"Why do I feel like you're about to tell me we have to wait longer?"

Cal sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"We have to eat with the entire pack, present a united front, prepare for war-"

Kat kissed him deeply, "Mhmm?"

"We have to oversee the fortifications-"

She kissed him again, "Mhmm?"

"Make sure the wounded are healing-"

Again, she interrupted him, kissing down his neck, "Yes, Alpha, what else?"

She grazed her teeth against his mark. He groaned.

Suddenly he gripped her, Kat jumped as he pulled her neck to him, brushing her hair away from her neck. He stared furiously at her marking spot.

"Whoa, Cal, ow. What's your problem?"

She got off him, crossing her arms.

"I was checking."

"Checking what?" Kat bristled, "What did you think? I'd gone and gotten marked by some random wolf in the two weeks I was gone?!" She was mad.

"Someone touched it, Kat. Don't lie to me about it, I felt it. It hurt like hell."

Kat blushed a deep red. She felt Cal's hurt, saw his face change as she didn't correct him.

"He didn't touch it like that, I promise."

Cal sighed.

"I trust you, Kat."

He pulled her into his arms, kissing her warmly.

He looked at her, eye's darkening with jealousy.

"Who's he?"

Kat floundered, trying to find the words to explain.

"Uh- Alpha, Luna, Cook asked me to tell you dinner is ready." A young woman tapped the open door nervously.