- 32 Camera

Camera

Camera

"So, this is where it all happened," Seokjin said as he slides his sunglasses (in the middle of winter), up on his head, while Yoongi and Hoseok take it upon themselves to close the doors to Jeongguk's yard, instead of letting them close manually by themselves. "Did you bring the photos?" Hoseok asks and Seokjin nods, waving his folder case in the air.

"Let's first look at the ones here in the yard," Yoongi said as he looks around and the empty garage and parking space, then at marble path that leads to it and then up to the staircase that leads to the house. Where there is usually the bright green of grass occupying empty space, now it's covered in the pretty white of snow. Yoongi approaches the spot where he thinks it happened.

Seokjin pulls out the clearest photo and hands it to the producer, watching Yoongi analyze the picture, looking at the space beneath him, then at the parking space and then towards the fence. "So, they were laying here. Approximately," Yoongi said as he gestures to the ground, then looks at the photo again, trying to figure out where was it taken from.

He approaches the fence an looks around it - he moves the bushes aside to check is someone might've dug a hole or removed parts of the fence. "The photo is directly at their level. Jeongguk and Taehyung were laying on the ground," Hoseok said as he approaches him and Yoongi nods in agreement to that. "Yeah, so the photographer was also laying on the ground when they took them," Seokjin adds.

Yoongi kneels down and observes the photo and the spot where he is - this looks like from where the photo is taken. The fence is high and made of bricks, so it was really a wonder how someone managed to take those photos. However, once Yoongi touches over certain spots, he feels something odd.

"Hey... I think I found something," Yoongi calls to Hoseok and Seokjin, who are immediately at his sides with question gazes. Yoongi pushes his hand into the fence and the other two are confused, but then notice one of the bricks moving in as Yoongi presses it. "This one can be removed," Hoseok gapes and Yoongi nods in agreement, pulling back.

"There is no house or garden on the other side of this fence - there is just a part of the park," Yoongi said and then looks up, spotting a certain tree that has rather long, stretched out branches. "The photos in the bedroom could've been well taken from there," he said, gesturing to the tree.

"What's putting me off, however," Seokjin then speaks, "Is that Taehyung's glasses and beret disappeared. He said they fell off when him and Jeongguk were in the snow, but the next day, he couldn't find them anywhere."

Hoseok looks back at the spot where Jeongguk and Taehyung were supposedly fell over and laid in the snow. "So, they fell there and someone then took them while those two were in the house. It happened that night, in that case," he said.

"Let's go inside the house and check how the photos in the hallway could've been taken," Yoongi said.

They enter Jeongguk's house with his keys and there is no denying that the interior design is very pretty and coordinated. When you enter, there is a long hallway to greet and Yoongi looks around, noticing there weren't many photos hung on the walls (as expected of Jeongguk). He goes to the end of the hallway where it looked like the picture was taken from and he notices that there is a circled window there.

"It might've been taken from there," Seokjin says.

"Yeah, but the thing is," Hoseok says as he rubs his nape, "I've been to Jeongguk's house a few times before this and he said he always keeps the blinds down on this window."

"Well, the foundation of the house is high, so someone would need a ladder to reach this window from outside," Yoongi said, narrowing his eyes at the blinds that were currently pulled down. He touches over them, skimming his fingers carefully until he feels something odd at the corner of one of the slats. "Is this... a camera?" He questions, quietly.

However, Seokjin and Hoseok hear him and they quickly, with wide eyes, approach him to inspect what the producer just pointed out and sure enough - there is in fact a small circled camera at the corner of the wooden slat. It's so small that it's unnoticeable unless you look for it specifically and Yoongi reaches out, propping it off of the slat. He rolls it between his fingers and inspects it.

"Someone's been spying," Yoongi muttered, "It seems like the event was taken in video. And then photos were made out of it."

The doorbell suddenly rings and the three looked between each other in confusion. "Jeongguk's not supposed to be back from the promotions yet," Hoseok muttered.

They all look towards the door once the doorbell is rung again.