- 34 one week

[No tumblr gif]

One Week

Two weeks pass and for the sake of the fans, they manage to make up.

It happened one morning, when Yoongi called Taehyung early on his phone and informed him that the one of the photographers that took photos of him and Jeongguk together, actually confessed to everything that morning when they were arrested. However, the person said that they are only responsible for sending the photos to the company – that they in fact, have nothing to do with the photos that were leaked.

Big Hit said that Taehyung and Jeongguk, as a couple, should make a statement to the press regarding this. So, Taehyung got dressed early and hurried to meet Jeongguk in front of the Big Hit building, where a ton of paparazzi were just waiting to get shots of them together. After reciting the words they needed to say, Jeongguk and Taehyung take cover in the entertainment industry building and simultaneously sigh.

Yoongi did mention that the person knows who is the one that leaked the photos (because, apparently, they were in some sort of collaboration?), but those thoughts were on the back of their minds right now.

“Can I take you out?” Jeongguk asks suddenly and when Taehyung looks at him in surprise, the idol realizes he doesn’t want Taehyung to take it in a way he doesn’t like, “I mean– we can, um, talk and…”

“Yeah,” Taehyung beats Jeongguk to it, his face unfazed but words welcoming. This time, Jeongguk is the one that freezes in surprise, “Yeah, you can take me out on a date. Let’s go.”

That’s how they end up here – in a small, fairly empty coffee shop down the street (once they sneaked out of Big Hit through the backdoor). The walls are beige and there are pictures of black and white abstract art hung on the walls; the tables are clean and nice and all of the employees wear white dress shirts with black aprons. It’s like an aesthetic imagine of a coffee shop come to life.

Neither Taehyung or Jeongguk are coffee drinkers, but they both order whatever the waiter offers with a kind smile. They occupy a table in the corner of the room, the counter and bar thankfully blocking the view of them through the glass walls of the coffee shop. The waiter brings them their coffee and smiles as Jeongguk pays and gives him a big tip. They are left alone to talk, but for a moment, they sit in silence.

“I’m sorry,” Taehyung says and Jeongguk looks up from his macchiato, “I’m sorry I made the whole situation uncomfortable and– and I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you for the past two weeks. I hate when I say things in the spur of the moment and I feel bad that I have to call it that and–”

“Taehyung,” Jeongguk cuts him off, his gaze gentle. Taehyung tends to forget about his blabbering habit whenever he’s nervous, “Taehyung, it’s fine. I understand that it was a ‘in the spur of the moment thing’ and I’m not mad at you, either. I learned not to take those words to heart too much.”

Taehyung bites his lips and his fingers tremble around his cup. He watches Jeongguk sip on his coffee and then make a face of distaste, grumbling something about putting too much sugar earlier. “How’d you realize you love me?” He suddenly asks, voice daring.